Few AR part questions

Venom1956

Hey all. I am looking for a few AR pieces that im not sure the even exist and a few questions on taking stuff apart.

First I'll ask about take down. What is the easiest way to remove the entire buffer tube with adjustable LEM stock. Then I need remove a free float tube to a new RIS system...

Then lastly I am looking for a AR15 grip and has the feel of the Thompson M1 grip? Either wood or plastic will work just fine. I haven't had any luck searching but then again I am not a AR guy so I might be missing some of the good websites.

Marquezj16

Palmetto-Pride

Two things to be aware of when removing the buffer tube. After you pull the stock off and unscrew the castle nut be careful not to lose the spring and detent for the take down pin under the plate, then remove the buffer and spring before you unscrew the tube from the receiver or the buffer detent and detent spring will launch across the room go into a black hole and never be seen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madcratebuilder

What Palmetto-Pride said! I have guys call all the time for those pieces.

Armors wrench for the standard barrel nut and hand guard. After market hand guards require proprietary tools some times.

Thompson grip may be a hard one. Pearce makes a AR grip with a 1911 angle, that's close to the angle of the Tommy gun grip. Bondo, shape and paint.