FEG PA-63 Pistol questions...

I've come across an interesting pistol that the Hungarian military police supposedly use(d). It's a FEG PA-63 model chambered in 9x18. Apparently, it's based on Walther's design.

I found it on www.jgsales.com while researching for other firearms. Pretty cheap price for a functioning gun, I guess. Anybody have any experience with it or some history behind the pistol you'd like to provide?

Te Anau

I think they're a great gun for the money.Trigger is a DA/SA and frame is an aluminum alloy.Run a search and you'll find mostly positive comments with the exception of the first round trigger pull which for some of the wimpy types out there is simply too much.I don't have a problem with it myself.:)

Snowmanx7

I have one from JG sales. I would rate it at 100% as I can't see anything wrong with it. Fit is perfect, finish is 100%, could be a new gun. No holster wear or anything. It's a nice little gun for the price. I put a new recoil spring and hammer spring on from makarov.com and it's a nice little piece.

woad_yurt

They're very good weapons to begin with, even better when you factor in the low price. That first trigger pull may not compare to that on an $800 gun, but it's just fine.

dalegribble

i had one of those from j&g, a good gun for the money i ended up selling it tho, i like more traditional calibers. good gun tho.

Dave R

No personal experience, but I have heard they have a nice single-action trigger pull, but a hard double-action pull.

OTOH, that is normal for Walther designs.

That's good to know. I thought it would be a neat gun to tinker around at the range with. Also, the 9x18 shouldn't be too awful hard to find dies, load data, etc. for the gun.

I mean, when is the last time you saw a decently built gun even used that you can take to the range an have a ball at that price?

My guesses off the cuff is Hi-Point. That's questionable in some peoples' minds, including myself. A nagant revolver, but I hear horror stories of the 300lb. trigger pull...

Samurai

I love mine. It's a perfect fit for my hand, and it's surprisingly accurate for its size. Give it a try! You may fall in love like I did.

iwannasee

I really like mine..

100_1488.jpg