FEG HI power guys

2002gti

i just bought a pjk-9hp off gunbroker with the 1911 style slide release. as i understand the barrel lockup is diff than the pjk's with the browning style slide release. is that the only internal diff or is everything different than that of a true clone. so if i want to swap out the barrel i am SOL ? tia

PJK 9HP made in Hungary...

I have an older PJK 9HP and the slide release is the same as any HP, the barrel lock up is also identicle to the original High Power, you should have no problems with parts replacement, most should interchange, the one pictured has black plastic grips from a WWII Canadian HP military pistol. :cool:

Attachments

• IM000482.JPG
    IM000482.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 101
picture of barrel design and slide release

here is how the barrel and slide release look on my PJK 9HP :)

if your barrel and slide release are like mine ,then standard Browning HP parts should fit.

Attachments

• IM000486.JPG
    IM000486.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 91
Cyberdyne, 2002gti stated he has the 1911 slide release on his PJK-9HP.

2002gti, no way to tell without a photo really. FEG makes a bunch of minor variations to the PJK-9HP and some have more parts commonality with the Hi-Power than others.

2002gti

my slide release does look like yours. but ive seen a pjk variation with that slide release but with a barrel lockup unlike bhp's. just wondering what version im gonna take delivery on. i guess ill have to wait and break it down. for $225 im thinking i really cant go wrong either way........

Handy

Good price.

The slide release in Cyberdyne's picture is not the Browning version, and I believe the two parts are not compatible due to the slide cut outs. Most FEGs are different in that respect.

There are also two barrels - the PJK, which is like a Browning; and the P9M, which has an extra lug. Both are SA HPs, but have those variances.

These are quality guns, and for that price I wouldn't sweat the couple incompatible parts. You shouldn't ever need a new barrel or slide release. The rest of the parts, like the trigger, or notably the mags, are completely BHP and swap easily. Check CDNNInvestments for good S. African BHP mags for cheap.

Thefumegator

The slide stop doesn't indicate anything about the barrel lockup. I have a PJK-9HP with that same slide stop -- it's 100% Hi Power.

You'll enjoy it. Don't be afraid to use the sucker... that's the great thing about FEGs, they are cheap enough to be used hard, but reliable and dependable. Good buy.

Wes