FEG BHP Clone - Is it *really* a clone?

Warm Bore

Hello all,

I just came from the local shop. They had a FEG HP clone there for $199. I asked the guy at the counter if it was a indeed a clone. He said "as far as I know the parts are NOT interchangable". So is this guy right? I thought they were 100% clones. If he had said "yes" I would have purchased it right then and there but my radar went off when he said "no". I had been reluctantly avoiding them because the spur on the hammer peens my hand. However this one had the rounded hammer and there was no contact.

So can anyone here confirm that they are indeed 100% clones? Will the 17-round South African FN mags work in these? Is there any reason I shouldn't buy this gun or should I hold out for an authentic Browning?

Thanks to everyone for the help,

Warm Bore

They aren't 100% interchangeable but a large portion of the parts DO interchange.

Check the archives here or on http://www.fnhipower.com for an exact list.

You can use the SA 17rd mags in the FEG and you can also replace its hammer with a Browning or aftermarket hammer.

$199 looks like a pretty good price if it is in good condition. They are selling for $280 new around here.