Feedback on Magpul/Rogers AR carbine stocks

JT-AR-MG42

I am considering either one for my M16 carbine.

My nephew is quite a bit smaller in stature and I think the adjustable length of pull would be a benefit. It will be his in a few years, so I wanted to start getting him shooting it with a stock that is both comfortable and one that fits.

Problem is, I am bewildered by all the various models being sold.

On the gun now is a G.I.? old style that is a P.O.S. Wobbly and really just uncomfortable to use. I usually use the fixed stock for this reason.

Standard carry handle upper with iron sights.
I could use a little feedback - with model names/numbers - for cross referencing off their sites.

I am kind of leaning toward either the Rogers-super-stock or the Magpul ACS-L - if they are not wobbly- or maybe bucking up for the UBR with it's proprietary buffer tube.

Any comments/suggestions from current users are appreciated.

JT

Creeper

• Both the Rogers and the Magpul have proprietary locking devices that reduce or eliminate play.
  • Both have sloping cheek welds... the Magpul is slightly wider.
  • Rogers has a slightly stepped recoil pad while the Magpul is straight. The Magpul has optional, thicker recoil pads.
  • The Magpul has storage capability which the Rogers forgoes for lighter weight. The Rogers is one-size-fits-all, while the Magpul is available for MilSpec or commercial.
  • The Rogers is $25 cheaper.

The Magpul CTR is actually a closer comparison to the Rogers.

Cheers,
C

Quentin2

The Magpul ACS-L is about 1.5" longer than many other stocks so you might want to look at the CTR instead as Creeper mentioned. Also the Magpul STR is pretty much a CTR but with a better cheek weld and storage like the ACS. I have the CTR, STR and old style ACS and like the first two better, it's close but the CTR is my favorite.

RT

My opinion is STR>CTR>MOE but the MOE is great for the price. If you can wait a few weeks or couple months until I get the stamp for my 6933, I'll send you the Rogers stock that I remove. I'm gonna replace it with a CTR

1DrnkMxR

I got the Rogers SuperStock and I like it. I've read that Colt are now using the SuperStock on their AR15 rifles.