Feedback on Kahr pistols

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAL

In about a month, with any luck, I should re-
ceive my CCW permit, and I'm seriously con-
templating then buying a Kahr K9 pistol for carry. I handled one at a gun show, and
later at a gun shop, and it's as if the pis-
tol was made for my hand. Does anyone have
any feedback, good or bad, on this pistol?
Yes, it's a little pricey, but I'm willing to
pay a premium for quality.

BTW, I own several handguns, but it seems I shoot my Makarov more than the others by a wide margin. How does the recoil of the Kahr
compare to the Makarov? I know that after a couple of hundred rounds with the Makarov my
wrist and the web of my hand have had it for a day or two.

Any information on the above subject would be greatly appreciated; thanks in advance.
DAL

James Montes

I do not own a KAHR...
Put I have put some rounds through one before...
I also like the feel of it in hand, but I do not like the DAO trigger pull...
I would suggest you compare it to other CCW guns...
My first choice in a CCW gun would be the relatively new and extremely popular SIG P239. It has DA/SA operation no manual safety to fumble with and is available in 9MM, .357SIG, and .40SW. The .357SIG/40SW models can be switched between calibers with simple barrel and magazine change another plus!!! NIGHT SIGHTS and RUBBER grips make the P239 a very hard CCW package to beat!!!

I think the KAHR is a good gun, but the P239 is a great gun!!!

Try as many as possible and decide for yourself...

Stephen A. Camp

Staff In Memoriam
Greetings, sir. As the previous post notes, you will have to decide if you like DAO or prefer conventional single-action or the standard "DA" gun that's really DA only for the first shot. I shoot and own all. In my Kahr K9 that I've had for several years, the DAO pull is smooth and light. No, it's not as quick as the SA auto, but it's as quick as any DA revolver. My gun's been both accurate and reliable with the factory sights well-regulated from the factory. I think the Kahr's are well-made and very, very good little concealed carry weapons. They are a bit heavy, but I'm told that a polymer-framed version is due by the end of this year. Best.

Mike Baugh

DAL , I own both the Kahr MK9 and the Sig 239 . I like both equally well . I have never had a malfunction with either , both are extremely accurate and they both are very high quality . If you are looking for a small super concealable gun that you could put in your pocket I would go with the Kahr MK9 , if you are looking for a CCW weapon that you will carry in a holster and will be a little better for casual shooting at the range [lots of rounds with little hand fatigue] I would opt for the 239 . I personally like the trigger pull on the Kahr , especially for a CCW gun . I would also opt for the stainless version of the Kahr , their blue finish will show wear pretty quickly . Good luck , Mike...

Morgan

If you do a forum search on Kahr, you'll see that I think they're pretty damn good. I have access to one, and live in the Denver area - e-mail me if you'd like give it a shot (literally).

DWM

I purchased a Kahr K40 about 2 months ago and absolutely love it, love it, love it. :D I previously carried a Glock 26, but upon a friends suggestion, rented a Kahr K9 & K40. I also was amazed at how well the Kahrs fit my hand. Just like the folks at my gun store had told me, its was a natural pointer. After 5 minutes with the Kahrs, I was shooting tighter groups than I did with my Glock which I had been shooting with for 2 years.

Next summer I plan on purchasing the MK9, which will be a little easier to conceal under light clothing although the K40 hides pretty well (the K40 has a 3/4" longer grip including the magazine). The downside is they are heavy (30oz. loaded). The polymer Kahr is supposed to be out real soon, maybe now (only 17oz.). Make sure you have a strong belt but I don't think you would regret the purchase.

DWM

DAL

Thanks for all of the info. It'll help when it comes time to buy.

Thanks for the offer, Morgan. I just might
take you up on it.
DAL

------------------
Reading "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, should be required of every politician and in every high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.