Feedback on Holosun 509T mounting, to M&P C.O.R.E. interface

jwamplerusa

Does anyone have direct experience mounting a Holosun 509T to a Smith and Wesson M&P 9 2.0 C.O.R.E mounting interface?

My understanding is the M&P C.O.R.E pistols ship with plastic plates which interface the optic to the C.O.R.E. cut, is this correct?

Does anyone know if there is a company making steel adapter plates for the C.O.R.E. interface directly to a 509T?

I have asked C&H Precision Weapons if they have a 509T adapter plate. Their Web site does not currently list one. They do offer a steel RMR plate which I believe will stack with the Holosun included RMR interface adapter plate, but my preference would be to not stack plates.

Thank you for any feedback provided.

TunnelRat

FN uses polymer plates on their 509 series of pistols. Polymer for a plate isn’t inherently bad if the design is simply using the polymer plate for indexing and the optic screws themselves are actually screwing into the slide itself. In Glock’s MOS system the plate is what screws into the slide and the optic screws into the plate, which is why the system uses steel plates because the optic has no engagement with the slide itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwamplerusa

C&H Precision Weapons started they do not yet have a 509T adapter plate for the M&P C.O.R.E. interface, but it is on their to do list.

SONICMASD

Hey, I saw on another forum that you got it mounted up using Plate 1 (rmr) + 509T Plate. So the natural question is: does this plate stacking make the rear sight unusable? Thx!