Feedback on Baby Desert Eagle 40cal.

Tyrant

I was at my local gun store today and was looking at a baby desert eagle 40 cal. pistol. Would like to hear feedback from any one that might own one of these.

maqueswell

Oh yeah...There's nothing light weight about this pistol!

BabyEagle.jpg

billnourse

My son has one in .45ACP. Goes bang every time, good accuracy, and is well made. A bit on the heavy side for me to be packing every day and it seems bulkier than my commander size 1911 Kimber. I am also not a fan of DA/SA guns

Bill

serf 'rett

Wondering?

Were you looking at the new MRI Baby DesertEagle, a striker fired polymer frame or the older MRI Baby Eagle with hammer? One of the photos appears to be of the Baby Eagle not the Baby Desert Eagle.

I have owned the older metal framed Baby Eagle in 40S&W for a couple of years and have found it to be quite accurate. It is a heavy weapon. I chose it after several months of shopping because it had the right "feel" for my hand and pointed naturally for me.

I do have two complaints. It has had some problems with going into battery. Since I’m shooting a snappy round, I may be having shooter issues in not maintaining a tight enough grip or I may need to look at changing out the spring. I do like the fact that the barrel leaves a very small amount of unsupported case compared to a Glock barrel. The second complaint is the slide mounted de-cocker (safety) is on the area where I would normally grip the slide for racking the pistol.

The trigger is DA/SA with long smooth pull in double action on the first shot, fairly short reset and much lighter single action follow up shots.

If you’re looking at the Baby Desert Eagle, you’re looking at a different pistol than mine.

T1gger

If you're talking about the old school Baby Eagle (IWI Jericho), they were awesome pistols with some pretty major pitfalls. For me they were:
1) Weight for the steel framed versions
2) Very long and heavy DA trigger pull (single action was extremely nice though).
3) Slide-mounted decocker on a slide with in-the-frame rails, making it very easy to engage the safety and decock the hammer when racking the slide.
4) Almost non-existent after market parts (holsters, etc.)

Other than that, the thing was a complete tack driver.