Feedback/comments a on CZ-527 in 7.62 x39

1911rocks

:confused: I think I want one of these, but, I value real life owner's observations. I own a VZ58 and it is SUPERB! Is anybody handloading 7.62x39 in this rifle? I would imagine that it should respond very well to precision handloads. As I recall it's very similar to the 6.8spc or 6.8 Benchrest. Thank you.

micksis86

Mate,
I don't own a CZ 7.62x39 but i do have a lee enfield copy that is chambered for the cartridge. I don't know why exactly but it shoots like ****. I have tried many different powders, seating depths and projectiles and well it still doesn't get under 2 inch at one hundred metres which is fine for hunting but it's still frustrating not bein able to squeeze more accuracy out of it. I think that in an Assault rifle the 7.62x39 is a great cartridge however in a bolt action rifle i think you could do so much better. My 7.62x39 doesn't kick much less than my .308 really so maybe a .308 would be better if you're after military surplus ammo. There isn't really a huge number of different projectiles available for it either. just my 2 cents worth.

1911rocks

Thank you Micksis86

I completely agree with the projectile choices! I know you have to be very picky. This is that .308 vs .311 bore diameter dilemma. True, you can use 303 (.311) projectiles though they tend to be limited in choices as well as being heavier. I haven't talked myself out of it yet. Thanks for your feedback Micksis86.

bamaranger

7.62x39 bolt rifle

I don't own a CZ, but I do have a M77 in 7.62x39, and have taken several deer w/ it, as has my boy. It wears a Leu 2-7x. It is a mild shooter and in now way does its recoil compares to a .308 in a comparable weight firearm. Mine recoils more like a .223.

I get 1.25 MOA groups on average some MOA 3 shot groups. Mines bored .308 and I've loaded a wide range of bullets, from 110 spire points, 145 gr FMJ and 150 gr match kings. My hunting load is the now discontinued 135 gr Sierra PSP, but I've got enough on hand to last.

All this shooting is done w/ about half the powder one would use w/ bigger .30 cal cartridges. I have not shot any steel cased import ammo in my rifle.

Its a useful combo, w/ 30-30 power, better trigger , and the added safety and convenience of a bolt rifle (vs a lever). And I'm a lever fan no less.
I've had several offers to sell, but I'm keeping mine.

RNB65

I have a 527 in 7.62x39. It's one of my favorite rifles. It's light and handy even with a 2-7x scope. I only shoot Wolf poly coated ammo and it's plenty accurate for plinking and punching paper holes. I had my gunsmith work on the trigger and he gave me a perfect break at 3lbs. Buy one and you'll like it.

Lawyer Daggit

I had one of these, Winchester,( who are the CZ agent in Australia) have withdrawn them from sale here and swopped mine for one in .223.

The problem is that the CZ is made to a tight tolerances to old eastern block dimensions for the 7.62x39. SAAMI have taken it upon themselves to differ from these standards in US rounds.

The net result is that you may have difficulty firing commercial 7.62x39 ammo in your firearm. This will evidence as a shallow primer indentation and a 'missfire'.

You should not have difficulty if you stick to ex military ammo or some of the russian commercial ammo.

4sixteen

My Remington 799 7.62 x 39 shoots consistent 1" groups at 100 yards with Prvi Partizan ammo. :cool:

799762.jpg

chris in va

Krochus can chime in, or do a search. He managed to squeeze out 1moa from the little carbine with special handloads.

Mine is a TON of fun at the range. Love it. Once I figured out all the bugs it has been perfect.

Don't really expect the little carbine to be a benchrest shooter. Rather, use it for plinking and brush hunting (which I have yet to do, but what people tell me it excells at). Grab a box of Wolf, pop some targets at 100 yards with the iron sights. Have fun.

Last edited:

sholling

I'm waiting and hoping that CZ eventually chambers the 527 carbine in 6.8 SPC. I'll probably be waiting years but that would be awesome.

micksis86

Sounds like my Rifle might just be a lemon given the accuracy you guys seem to be getting. What sort of COAL are you guys using with your handloads if you use them? And also What powders?

1911rocks

Options!! Thank you guys

A work place Psychologist named Ken Blanchard said " there is no one smarter than all of us" You guys that are contributing this feedback prove that. I was thinking CZ-527. I never, ever got out of the box and considered Remington or Ruger! Now, it gets a bit more complex. :confused:Is the Remington Model 799 a "cheapo" 700 or is it top notch. How's the 799 trigger? How about the Ruger 77's trigger? Thank you guys for all of you input!!;)

4sixteen

The Remington 799 barreled action is made by Zastava Arms in Serbia. Remington imported these and installed the stocks. It isn't a model 700 action.

The fit and finish of my 799 is excellent.

The trigger is adjustable and can be set with a crisp release.