Federal Punch ammo?

BornFighting88

Mods, if this is in the wrong spot please move it. Also, if this has been talked about already, please link me to it.

Federal Punch ammo. Has anyone used it?? Thoughts??

I used to be strictly a Hornady Critical Defense or Critical Duty user, but it has been stovepiping non stop, and failing to feed. It is driving me nuts. The geometry of the pill gets caught up between the feed ramp and the frame ramp.

These hollow points reliably go up the ramp? Do they cause hang ups, too??

AzShooter

I use it in my Walther P 22 and it works 100% of the time. No jams of any kind. Very snappy, you can tell how much more powerful it is. Less muzzle flash that Stingers.

jimacp

Yes, I shot some out of a AR22 using a Silencerco Sparrow suppressor. Of course it was a lot louder than the CCI standard velocity I usually use. But that was to be expected.

BornFighting88

1911 Officer's model for host pistol. The bullet geometry looks like it would resist catching on the gap between the feed ramp and the frame ramp much better, and would feed up the ramp smoother, too.

BornFighting88

I have a concern about it going up the feed ramp without hanging up on said ramp.

I also need to find slightly stiffer magazine springs. Still having nosedive issues.