Federal Premium Tactical Buckshot reduced recoil #00 a bit longer 2 3/4 shell??

murphjup

I just recently purchased some of Federal Premium Tactical Buckshot reduced recoil #00 2 3/4 inch shells, and I can only load 7 shells instead of 8 in my Mossberg 590A-1..

I had it loaded with some other 2 3/4 shells and it held all 8 of them...

In comparing shells the Federal Reduced recoil are about 1/8 inch longer...

Anyone else ever run into this with shotgun shells? I thought they were all supposed to be the same size?

Thank you in advance..

:)

GunnNutt

You're positive they're not 3", right? The unfired length difference between the two can be less than a 1/4". I just saw some all-brass 3" 00B loads last night that looked barely longer than our 2 3/4" birdshot rounds.

On edit- Guess they can't be, if they're really the LE stuff. They don'r make it in 3". Very strange.

murphjup

No they are labeled 2 3/4"... I emailed Federal Customer service... If I don't get a reply I will call them...

But even if they are 1/8 inch longer muliply that by 7 and you are almost at an inch more taking up magazine space...

Thank you for the reply..

PS Here's a picture..

Attachments

• Shell Comparison.JPG
    Shell Comparison.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 104

banditt007

i've had this happen before with different brands/models of 2 3/4" ammo. i guess it depends on the kind of crimp? some 'use up more' plastic from the hull and others don't? i wonder if the fired length is the same. if so its def (obviously)the crimp which is the cause.

murphjup

I could see how that could be, but this stuff ain't cheap you would think since it's a tactical load that they would make it so you could fill your Mag up...

I'll post if I hear any replies from Federal....

Thank you for your replies...