Federal Nyclad Ammo... Collectors Item?

shooter_john

I recently read that the Federal Premium Nyclad ammo had become a bit of a collectors item. Is that true? I recently inherited a couple of boxes (9mm, 124gr) from a family friend who passed, and I really don't know much about it other than it is nylon coated lead, and it is BLUE! Is there really any collectors value, (ie I don't "collect" ammo, I shoot it, so maybe I could sell this stuff and get something more... useful!) and if so, is anyone interested in this Collectors Item?
Also in the lot were a couple of boxes of Law Enforcement Only marked boxes of Winchester 9mm NATO that I thought were pretty neat.
Thanks for any help! By the way, the friend was a retired Captain with the Alabama State Troopers, most of the ammo was range "leftovers" :D

VA9mm

I've seen it for sale on two different websites $20 a box. Doesn't seem like much of a collectors item.

Tom2

Not yet it isn't. Not like it is Black Talon or something. But it is out of production. Earlier this year I bought a few boxes of the Nyclad 158 38 +P jhp ammo as it is a good load and the price was pretty low for that type of load. Got it before the price jump on ammo. So I think it is excellent carry ammo for a 38 revolver and I will not consume it on pointless range firing for fun sessions. And you can't get it anymore new. So I would maybe hold onto it just as backup ammo as if it turns out to be something you like, you will have some left for carry use. Sort of like the one box of Red/white box Federal 125 jhp magnum ammo I have. Classic load, once considered the best police load in revolvers I think. Full box and I am saving it for?????