Federal Gold Medal Grands

MarkCO

Federal recently brought out a new paper (red) and plastic (skived white) family of 12g shotshells called Grands.

I have tested them quite a bit on pattern boards, Trap, 3Gun, Sporting Clays and they are legit. Some of the best shells I have shot. The shot column is a bit shorter, the pellet count on the pattern board a little higher and the recoil is a little softer than the other shells (Win AA, Rem STS/N27, Rios, Fiocchi, B&P, etc.) I have used. If you have not tried them yet, get yourself a case (or 5). They have a $2/box rebate, easy to do online, on them.

JT-AR-MG42

Googled the ammo and I'm very pleased to see what looks like a
new production 12C1 (the original, two piece) wad being used.
It was the only wad I loaded in paper (the higher cost was worth it to me) and am hoping the wad will be sold as a component.

JT

MarkCO

FITASC, I have used 9 different shotguns, most with 3 or 4 chokes in testing this. I found that, for the most part, to get an equivalent pellet count inside the 30" calibration ring on my pattern board, I could drop a choke size and with my Browning, 2 choke sizes.

I have not heard if the new 2 piece wad will be offered as a component, but I hope so too.