Federal 215 rifle primers

The_Jerkman

Does anyone know where to get these? The earliest I am seeing is backordered till August 30th at cabelas. Looking to work up a load for my .300 wby before my trip in the beginning of October so any extra time is much more preferable. If anyone has any suggestions or vetted substitutions that would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reloadron

I have used CCI-250 and WLRM (Winchester Large Rifle Magnum) in the past for 300 Weatherby Mag and 300 Win Mag with fine results. You can try either and work up a load for your rifle.

Ron

condor bravo

Do you have the Lyman 49th or 50th edition? If so check page 57 that compares standard large rifle primers between Federal, CCI, and Winchesters, with the Winchesters being the "hottest" in that order. It may be that the magnum primers follow the same way.

The_Jerkman

Do you have the Lyman 49th or 50th edition? If so check page 57 that compares standard large rifle primers between Federal, CCI, and Winchesters, with the Winchesters being the "hottest" in that order. It may be that the magnum primers follow the same way.
Good call! I have the 50th edition. Will check the book when I get back from work today. Spoke to my smith he said the cci or winchesters also. Seems to be the general consensus. I just don't understand why the damn Federal primers are so hard to find

hooligan1

CCI 250 LRMP'S has been the only Magnum primer I have ever tested, the consistancy from lot to lot has been great, so I never tried anything else.
I'm also currently using it with Magpro in my .270 Winchester loads featuring the 150 grn ABLR, and so far it's been very consistant.
But I also use it for my 7mm Rem. Mag, with super results, never had an FTF from those primers with close to 3000 used.

The_Jerkman

CCI 250 LRMP'S has been the only Magnum primer I have ever tested, the consistancy from lot to lot has been great, so I never tried anything else.
I'm also currently using it with Magpro in my .270 Winchester loads featuring the 150 grn ABLR, and so far it's been very consistant.
But I also use it for my 7mm Rem. Mag, with super results, never had an FTF from those primers with close to 3000 used.
Seems that the CCI 250s from a few people on here as well as all over the web and my trusted gunsmith are probably going to be my best bet as a replacement. Fingers crossed there doesn't happen to be a surprise run on them[emoji6]

rsnell

If you are going to use CCI 250 primers, do not use H4831. I tried to develop a load with this combination and could not get a group under 2.5" at 100 yards.

Bob

The_Jerkman

If you are going to use CCI 250 primers, do not use H4831. I tried to develop a load with this combination and could not get a group under 2.5" at 100 yards.

Bob
Ah dangit! If anyone has any suggestions from their experience in a .300wby round using 180gr barnes tsx or any comparable round what their best combo with the cci 250 primers and powder is would be greatly appreciated. I am speaking in terms of powder/primer combo. Not necessarily specific recipes though any input is greatly beneficial to take into account.