Favorite wheelgun manufacturer?

WESHOOT2

PERHAPS YOU CAN HEAR THE RATTLING IN MY HEAD...........

.....but I think that Ruger makes the best revolvers.

Your opinion may vary.

(No knock on S&W or DW.)

Monkeyleg

The old S&W. Having recently bought my first Python, I'd like to say Colt. But there's just way too many parts in there, and it's not as beefy as my 586.

lonegunman

Smith and Wesson is best overall.

However, Colt's Python and Model P are the 2 best looking revolvers ever made... and the Pythons action is smooth as butter.

Good Guy

If we turn back the clock 30 or 40 manufacturing years, I liked S&W the best (real works of art), but Colt and the Ruger SA were favorites too. This still holds true for me. I don't have any real interest in current revos. I like the older stuff.

P

PreserveFreedom

Best for DA: S&W
Best for SA: Ruger
Best for price: Taurus
Best overall: Ruger

BigG

You mean somebody makes revos other than S&W? Oh, ya-as... Colt... No, Smiths are a head taller than the Colts. Now Colt knows how to make an automatic, but a revo? Smith!

dewey

Nsssss

Most of my revos are N frame Smiths so by default
I'm stuck here for awhile....dewey

+++ This time last year I only had ONE ! +++
Txs to ROBTthe.41Mag for all his guidance:p

4thHorseman

For me it WAS (is) Colt. Especially the older models. It has the "Second Hand" that holds the cylinder tight and aligns it with the barrel when the trigger is pulled. The snubby holds SIX rounds. The trigger pull is outstanding. Just like glass. The balance and feel can not be found in other revolvers. The barrel has more twists in it per inch than other brands. These features makes the revolver more accurate. All these features I mentioned can not be found on other type of revolver. It has every thing that I want in a revolver. Even though I carry the 357 Magnum Carry, I don't feel it has the workmanship of the old Colts.
:)

Arub

One more vote for Smith. I have both a Smith 686 and a Ruger GP141. Fit and finish, as well as trigger pull, is much better with the Smith. The Ruger is adequate, and I enjoy shooting it (stiffer trigger is more aligned with my auto loaders), but if I had to keep only one, I would retain the Smith, no second thoughts.