Favorite reticles

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
My favorite is one that has the crosshairs on the POI... I use it for anything...
Seriously I have never gotten to do much with anything but standard old fashion rets... One day I might and I think I would like a BDC ret.
Brent

fisherman66

Standard Ole Duplex for a do it all
Heavy Duplex for a dedicated big game rifle
Fine Duplex for a dedicated varmint rifle

Justification...I don't shoot over MPBR and I don't have a rangefinder.

TheManHimself

The only non-crosshair reticle I like is the illuminated chevron. Easy to pick up, and the point of the chevron is -almost- as precise as a crosshair.

HiBC

Sure nothing wrong with a duplex.Knowing how many MOA the dupex covers makes it all the more useful.

Myself,I like the Leu B+C.I think the Swarski/Kahles TDS would be great.

I like the Mil-dot.

I had a very detailed reticle for range estimation/holdovers,etc.It was etched very fine and I found it rather busy and hard to read.

LateNightFlight

I like the Burris ballistic plex. I liked it to start with and then it grew on me. Quick and uncomplicated altitude adjustment whatever you're shooting.

Thumbs up for the IOR Valdada MP-8. Straight forward with plenty of intermediate hash lines. It's for anyone who likes landmarks and hates twisting turrets. (Can seem a bit busy if you're used to mil dot)

Worst ever: Nikon BDC, hands down :barf: You can use circles on a stick to point at things but not to aim. The designer should be dragged behind a horse.

Ruger4570

For hunting big game, I like a Post reticle. The are easily seen, even in low light and are more than accurate on deer and elk. Not to mention pretty fast on the draw. Otherwise I like the Burris Duplex.

-Leupold Standard Duplex, jack of all trades
-Leupold Fine Duplex, varmint and paper work..
-Leupold B&C Big Game

Zeiss Reticle #8 on the Conquest scopes...

butta9999

I have a Pecar Berlin 4x10 which is great in low light conditions. Perfect Clarity too

Leupold on the other rifles has never failed me too..

Purpose mainly hunting and load development

Kreyzhorse

The only one I'll use is the Standard Duplex. Some of the others aren't bad, but I just don't like them better than the old standby.

22-rimfire

I favor a medium weight duplex. Sometimes I have trouble with the real fine reticles. It is one of the reasons I choose Weaver rimfire scopes over Leupolds. I am considering experimenting with a mill dot reticle on a new 22 rifle. Just have not made up my mind.

44 AMP

Staff
Two main choices

For general shooting, standard crosshairs/duplex (they are virtually all duplex nowdays), and for big game shooting at shorter ranges (wooded country mostly) I still favor the post.

The post is easy to see under nearly all conditions, and is fast, like the front sight (without having to line up the front and rear sights), and accurate enough to bring home the venison or anything else you might want to eat. The only place a good post reticle doesn't shine is target, (small) varmint, and very long range shooting. I look for posts whenever I go to a gun show, and once even bought a rifle just to get the scope (4x post) on it.

Completely personal preference, but if I am hunting game where I might need to take a snap shot, if my rifle has a scope on it, it will have a post in it.

zippy13

For hunting big game, I like a Post recticle. The are easily seen, even in low light and are more than accurate on deer and elk. Not to mention pretty fast on the draw. Otherwise I like the Burris Duplex.
+1
For pistol paper punching, add in a Hebert Dotted Burris.