Favorite Handgun but not 1st Choice for Defense

IanS

Lately, I've been fixated on the Sig Sauer P220 despite the fact it wouldn't be my 1st choice for defense.
Simply, its size and limited mag capacity keeps it from being my top choice for defense. But I LOVE the way it shoots.

I could say the same thing about the HK P7/M8. I don't trust myself with the squeeze cocking mechanism but the P7 lets you know you're shooting something special. And purely as a mechanical device its a great design.
Another is the Ruger Vaquero (Colt SAA: too expensive). Cowboy guns will always have a special place in my heart.

Serious pistols like my Glock 23 is great but I gotta always remember to leave room for guns that are a sheer pleasure to shoot.

Anyone have a Sig P210 I can try out?:D

*Thanks for humoring my enthusiasm.

AR-10

The P220 is a great pistol. Like you, I find it a little big for ccw, or stuffing in a drawer. It sure is fun to shoot, though.
Capacity doesn't bother me. I've got a stainless 8rd. mag, which puts it right up there with any 1911. One in the tube, and you've got nine rounds of .45ACP on board. What's not to like?:)

My favorite fun-gun in the handgun department at this moment is a Colt Anaconda .44Mag. eight inch. Incredibly smooth action, extremely acurate. I love the way it goes BOOM and sends shards of brick flying twenty feet into the air as a huge cloud of brick dust starts to drift down-wind.:D

BadgerND

My favorite fun gun is a Dan Wesson .357 Max with an 8" barrel. I can consistently shoot under 2" groups with it with open sights at 100 yds. Of course that's from a bench, but it is accurate. It's a mite big for carry though, weighs about 5 or 6 lbs.

CZ 97B

Top notch (stock) competition gun, excellent target shooter, NOT a good defense gun. The magazines are finicky and don't always feed hollowpoints. Although my CZ 97B has not had this problem (yet), I won't take the chance. I have plenty of other .45s that will work for defense.

BobCA

Wheelguns

Still love to shoot them. My Ruger Vaquero, Single six, & S&W M19 being my favorites.

gringo5

Love to shoot my Colt Dimondback .22 and my Ruger MK-2 plus my S&W 547 9mm. But i carry Glocks 19c and 32.

RWK

Full Size Smith "N" Frames

I have two S&W 627 Special Editions, which are on my short "favorites list". They are large: five-inch barrels, full underlug, "N" frame, .357 magnum revolvers. Further, they are wonderful, accurate and beautiful firearms, but a touch too big to always conceal well (although I have done so in the winter).

Joe Isuzu

Recently-inhereted Freedom Arms .454 Casull...

Who would use a .454 for defense? It's not like Rodan is going to buzz the house.

Hal

My Ruger .22/45.
To choose a .22 for defense you're either:
A.) Nuts.
B.) VERY, VERY, VERY good.

I'm not quite either, but I'm workin on it ;)

44rugerfan

I kept my 22/45 for home defense for awhile. Ten shots of 22lr will kill someone just as dead as ten shots of 9mm. I also like my Redhawk in 44, but it just makes a hole instead of putting energy on the target. Still, I would not hesitate to use either of them.

Coop57

I love to shoot my Ruger GP100 with 4 inch barrel. Just the sound and the recoil from a 125gn CorBon 357 magnum set my heart a flutter.

taco

I have three.

6" Colt Python
4" Colt Diamondback in 38 special
5" S&W MP with skinny barrel and round butt.

All three are a lot of fun to shoot and very accurate but I use one of my various 1911 pistols for defense.

skevlar

Hard to Choose! Most fun in IDPA, etc. is Baer Premier II T. Very close "behind" are P7M8/13 & BHP. If forced to pick just one probably the BHP in .40.

GSB

Love my Beretta Elite II, but I still just feel more assured with a .45 ACP sitting nearby at night (even with 5 fewer rounds of ammo). Guess I'm one of those old fashioned types who still prefers a normally aspirated 426 Hemi to a slick dual-turboed 4-cylinder. :D