• Rossi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charter Arms

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

denfoote

I'd have to say Taurus.
S&W makes excellent revolvers, but they can be pricy!!
Taurus, on the other hand, makes a good, servicable weapon at a price most working prople can afford!!

I have two Tauri and one Smith. The Smith sits in the safe. That may change after I get my (new to me) Smith 65-6!!! ;)

Dfariswheel

You forgot the company that just might be this generations "Gold Standard" in small defense guns.

Kahr seems to own a pretty fair share of the market.

Pappy John

Last year I traded in a S&W 642 Airweight .38 special for a DAO bobbed hammer Ruger Sp101 in .357 mag.

Don't get me wrong. I like S&W revolvers...still have several larger framed ones and enjoy shooting them. That's the key right there.....I enjoy shooting. I like to be proficient with whatever gun I use, and that requires lots of practice that I usually enjoy as time well spent.

I just never liked shooting that little 642. Even after swapping out the boot grips for slightly larger Pachmeyers, every shot stung my hand like a wasp sting. It was also the only revolver in my safe that I couldn't shoot a decent group with, even with maximum concentration, ignoring the recoil.

This SP101, on the other hand, is more comfortable to shoot, even with the more powerful loads. And I'm keeping most of the rounds in the X-ring at 7 yards slow fire....something I could not make the 642 do. It's only slightly larger, but a lot heavier of course, so the only thing I lost was being able to use pocket carry, that the Airweight was handy for. With a good holster I don't notice the extra heft on my belt, but that heft makes it so much more controllable that I don't plan to buy another alloy revolver again.

You forgot the company that just might be this generations "Gold Standard" in small defense guns.

Kahr seems to own a pretty fair share of the market.

I had no idea Kahr made revolvers! Neato!
Just messin with ya Dfaris, since this is the revolver forum.

I like the older Smiths and Colts, myself.