• STI/SVI

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • One Man Custom Shops

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 5.2%

• Total voters

J. Parker

It was very close between SA and Kimber but in the end I got a SA "lightweight" Champion only because I didn't want KIMBER on MY slide. Weird huh. Best, J. Parker

Archie

Other than a Colt LW Commander

my favorite 1911s have all been surplus GI guns. I've had a couple Ithaca made and currently have a Remington-UMC made in 1918.

But I'm an old so and so.....

Richard

I guess I am a copy cat. I was torn between three pistols. My Springfield 1911A1, Kimber (belongs to a friend), and my Colt Officers Model. The winner after some thought was the Kimber. I have never shot a better 1911A1 out of the box. I eliminated my Norinco pistols as they are no longer imported. With this said, I do hold my Norincos in very high esteem. Regards, Richard

old man

My favorite, and only 19ll colt is an officers model thoroughbred, made by the folks at 1911 Heaven. Accurate. reliable, and concealable, I am happy with it.

JBH

I don't know about all of the choices but when comparing my Kimber, Colt, and Les Baer. The Les Baer blows the other 2 away in every area.

John Marshall

I'm throwing my vote in for Springfield. While I only have two 1911s, they are both arguably some of the best examples of Springfield quality. Perhaps I have just been extraordinarily lucky.

The first example, a (supposed to be) Parkerized Mil-Spec, I ordered eight years ago. When it reached the dealer I found a blued rather than parkerized model (boy was I peeved ;) ) that has the tightest barrel lock-up and slide to frame fit you could hope to find even from a gunsmith. After adding a High-ride beavertail, combat style hammer and an extended thumb safety it quickly became, and has remained, my daily carry gun.

The second example I bought last Fall, a Parkerized Loaded model that, while not as tight as the first, is every bit a reliable and accurate 1911. The complaints I see/hear from others about the sharp edges, the two piece guide rod, two piece barrels and who knows what are not and, I'm sure, will not be of any concern as they are things that are as easily fixed as they are easy to complain about.

I still have no idea about whether or not Springfield Customer Service is as good as some say. I haven't had the need.

HowardK

Son,

Good idea but the poll doesn't really tell us who the favorite manufactuer is, just who sells the most guns. Fewer people have Baer's than Kimbers and so Baer doesn't come up high on the list. Not surprisingly, Kimber comes up the highest but then they sell the most 1911s. Another question might be, "which 1911 would you like to own."

scoops

colt for sure.their newer 1991s are really fine guns.i want a defender next.i think they look really cool.

Pappy John

Me too

Yeah, I've gotta go along with the Kimber crowd. I had two Colts...both a Gold Cup and an Officer's Model. Traded them both in even up on a Combat Carry. Just as accurate as the 'Cup and carries better than the Officer's.

Monkeyleg

Since my Kimbers are my first and only 1911's, I have nothing to compare them to. So I chose "other." I'm sure that, if I had the $$ to own one, I'd be voting for a Les Baer. But since I don't, I just get to screw up ArmySon's poll. :p

Dick

ArmySon

Staff Alumnus
RWK

How do you like the 20 lpi checkering? Is it too sharp? I'm thinking about having one of my Springfields checkered 20 lpi.

RWK

Son

The 20 lpi checkering is not overly sharp for me, and I have had a few 500 round sessions with this TRP during the last weeks. In addition, it looks good!

Separate topic: Your recent tribute to your parents' courage was superb. It also reminded me why, decades ago, we vainly but valiantly fought for South Vietnam's freedom.

Best regards -- Roy