Fausti field hunter 12 ga: opinions?

gaseousclay

I came across a fausti field hunter O/U 12 ga / made in italy and wanted to know what your opinions are of this brand and its quality. Asking price is $599 at a pawn shop. How do these compare to the browning citori or other high dollar O/U shotguns? I'd like to own a decent quality O/U someday but would like something nice.....$599 is within my price range but don't know if Fausti is even in the same league as some other brands.

gaseousclay

Hmmm. I came across a few other gun boards inquiring about Fausti and it looks like a budget O/U that used to be available at Walmart once upon a time. Are these similar to Stoeger? I don't want to knock Fausti since I've never handled one before but $599 for a pawn shop gun seems like a lot

BigD_in_FL

The three Fausti sisters build a variety of models to a wide variety of price points and the level of quality is reflected in the price points

BigJimP

I think its fair to say ...they have mixed reviews.

An acquaintance of mine, about 20 yrs ago, bought a pair of them new from Big 5 Sporting goods ...or maybe it was Walmart....don't remember / but they had some issues ( and he bought one for him / one for his wife )...the barrel to receiver connection was not the best / he had some galling issues...and some trigger issues ..../ at the time I paid about $ 800 new in box for a Citori Lightning ( field grade ) model / and I want to say he paid about $200 each for his guns...

and about a yr later...he bought a Citori Lightning.../ ...he regretted the decision..and last I knew, he was still shooting the Citori Lightning he bought in the late 80's ...

jkpq45

For what it's worth, my $250 Stoeger Condor Uplander O/U 12ga is a fine gun for the price. Beautiful wood and nice and tight from the factory. Plenty of ways it could be better but again, for the price, lots of ways it could be worse.