Fair price for one box on 9mm Luger ammo?

FunGramps

$16.95 for 50rd box of CCI Blazer 9mm Luger ball, brass case.

They had 4 boxes this morning, limit one per customer. I nabbed one.

Fair price?

shurshot

In March 2021? EXCELLENT price!!! Many are charging a buck per round for 115 grain hardball. If I were you, I would be there first thing in the morning to get another, or have a friend pick up another box tonight.

hub1home

That's up to you as to whether or not it is a fair price. You bought it. But if it helps, I certainly would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Death-Ninja

Most of the big-box outlets are selling 9mm as it comes in for decent prices, L&M had Winchester .45 230 gr ball for $24.95 for two days last week. 9mm will continue to straggle in and out, and its price if greater than that you paid, is questionable to say the least. The major online sellers, who I will not name because the site censors will likely pounce, all of those online vendors are gouging the crap out of their customers and that will never be forgotten.

FunGramps

Sounds like I did well. This is a small town. It is a large co-op farm type chain. They focus on country clothes, boots, animals and tach, guns and ammo, gardening, animal food, fencing, live ducks, chickens, and on and on. GREAT store which tries to stock as much USA made items as they can.

I go there every morning on Thursdays to see if their truck brings ammo. Sometimes there is none.

DMK

This morning I was listening to the Dead Air Podcast (#3) on Youtube. They had a vendor on there who said that their ammo sales are up 200% (sales would be much higher if they could get more ammo). They will get their monthly pallet of ammo in and it is all sold within 3 days, even with limiting 2 boxes per customer.

Folks keep calling them asking why the don't get ammo in. They are getting much more ammo in than they did in 2019. It's just immediately sold out.

With that kind of seller's market, you can see why prices are out of control.

jmr40

$25-$30 seems the going rate if available. I walked into one local shop a couple of weeks ago and noted some 40, 380, and a few other items on the shelf. Guy told me he got a pallet of 9mm at 9AM. He sold it all @$28/box before Noon.

jmr40 said:
$25-$30 seems the going rate if available. I walked into one local shop a couple of weeks ago and noted some 40, 380, and a few other items on the shelf. Guy told me he got a pallet of 9mm at 9AM. He sold it all @$28/box before Noon.
What do these prices apply to? Is this 50-round boxes of 115-grain FMJ plinking ammo, or are these 20-round boxes of premium JHP self-defense ammo?

RickB

People are apparently paying $20 for fifty PRIMERS, so $17 for fifty loaded rounds of anything sounds like a good deal.

MarkCO

Decent price. I am seeing prices start to drop and slight increase in inventory. I hope primers come next.

I just sold a buddy a case of 9mm for $325 shipped since he could not find more than a box at a time for $20 where he lives.

Pistoler0

I would say that is a very good price, I am jealous.

MarkCO, where do you buy ammo here in the front range or do you mainly buy online?

Nathan

I’m jealous....on Gunbroker SD ammo going for $1.20 per round. Locally practice ammo for $0.80 per round.

PolarFBear

Just finished loading 50 FMJs 9mm for .20/round - $10/box. .12 for the bullet, .05 for the primer and .03 for 4 grs of Unique. But, I am down to my last 1,526 Win Small Pistol Primers. Not looking forward to the price increases on supplies. But WILL NOT pay the current exorbitant price --- unless it becomes the new normal! And, maybe not even then. After all it is JUST a hobby.

MarkCO

I would say that is a very good price, I am jealous.

MarkCO, where do you buy ammo here in the front range or do you mainly buy online?
I don't buy rifle or pistol ammo. I reload. But, from various sources, I end up with it. Shotshells is about all, and in bulk when it is on sale.

Machine Gun Tours on W. Colfax has been keeping stuff on the shelf, so you might check there if you need rifle or pistol ammo. I'd have LFI order me a case of slugs here and there as well. But they don't have much in stock.

MarkCO

:eek:

Got any more of those?

It's that much per brick around here.
Actually, that was my last full case. I've sold 10 cases of 9mm in the last 6 months at pre-panic prices...to friends. About 5K rounds have been loaded on my presses by friends and I have sold 2 presses and a bunch of components to friends.

I believe that the panic will end in a few months and if I seen bargains on stuff, I'll snatch up some if it makes sense to me. But like I said, I rarely buy and even more rarely shoot factory ammo.

Some of the stuff friends did not want I put up on Gunbroker. We will see how that goes.