Fair price for 225s?

defjon

Hi, I'm just wondering what a fair price would be for some used SIG P 225s. A few gun stores have them around here. There is one that is asking 399 plus tax, and the slide is showing considerable wear...it would probably need re-blued...

poortrader

That's about average for an used 225. There's a good chance that they are P6's. A really good condition 225 will cost around $500-$550.

duckcallinfool

That sounds fair to me. Sig offers this. http://www.sigarms.com/CustomerService/SSP.aspx

SIG Service Plan
The best way to protect your used pistol!

SIGARMS now offers a special service for used SIG SAUER® pistols called the SIG Service Plan (SSP). When you buy a used pistol, whether it's from a shooting buddy, a retail store or at a gun show, contact SIGARMS Customer Service for shipping instructions. Then, ship your pistol to the factory for a complete cleaning and our “full service package” for just $129.95. This special offer includes installation of new SIGLITE® Night Sights* – a $120 value. Our expert armorers will inspect your pistol top to bottom. Should your pistol show signs of misuse or damage caused by a previous owner, SIGARMS' armorers will advise you and offer cost-effective solutions to repair your pistol. The SIG Service Plan includes*:

Full disassembly of pistols down to frame and slide
Complete detailed cleaning
Expert factory inspection of all critical components
Replacement of springs (recoil, slide catch lever, trigger bar, decocking lever)
Reassembly and lubrication to factory specifications
Installation of SIGLITE® Factory Night Sights (excluding P232)
Function test
When you purchase the SIG Service Plan for your used pistol you'll also get special pricing on additional services, parts and accessories such as re-bluing or Nitron® finishing, Action Enhancement Package, conversion barrels, spare magazines and SigTac® gear available at the time your pistol is being serviced.

This service, valued at $225, is yours for just $129.95 and brings your used SIG SAUER® pistol back to peak operational readiness.

Rinspeed

Gander Mountain has the same ones at the same price. Probably carried a lot more than they have been shot. The one I looked didn't appear to have a whole lot of rounds through it.

Foofer

Gander Mountain has the same ones at the same price. Probably carried a lot more than they have been shot. The one I looked didn't appear to have a whole lot of rounds through it.
Our GM now has them for $349.00. By no means do they look to be in excellent condition as the ad states. They look used, very used. If I purchased one, I definitely would take advantage of sigs firearm plan for $129.00.

PSP

Ditto on Gander Mtn. Just in there today and saw the police trade-ins at $359...that's a very good price.