Factory Lead gaschecked bullets?

slammedsi

Been looking to try out some lead gas checked bullets for my 41 mag, and 44 mag. But the only brand i can find that makes them is Oregon trail bullets. Is there any other brand that makes a Flat Nose Gas Checked Lead bullet that i can try out. Weight is not a consirn at the moment.

slammedsi

Not a bad looking bullet at all. I believe i will try some out. The 300gr 44mag Wide Flat Nose is what im looking for. Also the same WFN in a 250grn 41 mag... Any other options out there.

WESHOOT2

short list of best lead

Beartooth
Cast Performance
Penn

IME these are the best. I use and endorse all three brands.

(The .410" 250g may not stabilize properly from all barrels).

Doodlebugger45

If your barrel twist rate is not fast enough, it won't handle heavier (for the caliber) bullets. Most people shooting the .41 have found that the "sweet spot" is around 210 gr or so as far as the balance between velocity and mass and accuracy. Your results may differ. Likewise, with the .44 mag, most of us stick to bullet weights around the 240 gr range. But you never know what might work for your needs. That's the fun of experimenting with different bullets and powders.

Scorch

I haven't shot the RimRock Bullets, but my brother has used them in his 30-06 for cast bullet matches and they shot very well. I am in the process of building him a cast lead match gun on a Marlin 336 action, probably 30-30.

mikld

If it hasn't been mentioned yet; shooting cast bullets sized to fit your bbl/cylinder is essential to accuracy and lead free shooting. Slug your bbl and chamber throats and buy bullets accordingly.

http://www.lasc.us/Brennan_2-1_MeasuringGunDimensions.htm

Untill I got molds for all my guns (and even now sometimes), I bought from Beartooth Bullets. Good product, sized to your needs, and a great bunch of folks to deal with...

slammedsi

Never sluged a barrel how do i go about doing that

Edit that what i get for asking before looking at the posted links haha