Factory Crimp Dies

Nanaimo Barr

are they worth the money and space? I use a mix of dies (Lee carbides and RCBS), and have had a heck of a time getting crimps right (I suspect my M1 won't function right due to crimp problems)

Gewehr98

Depending on the gun...

the Lee Factory Crimp may be the only solution. I handload for my AK-47 clone, and only the Lee die crimped well enough to prevent bullet setback. (Not a good thing.);)

Nanaimo Barr

ok, if I understand the stuff from Lee's page, it's an extra die in addition to the seater/crimper die? just replacing he crimping part of the seater/crimper process (i'm running a lyman Mag-T II with 6 hole turrets.) is this correct?

renaissance7697

Lee Factory Crimp Die

Best thing since sliced bread.

Load as you normally do, just do not crimp
(For combination seating/crimping dies>>Back the crimping portion of your combination die out- just seat)
Then run the almost finished rounds through a {properly adjusted} LCD.

A perfectly sized and crimped; finished round- every time.

Even if you managed to screw up the case in seating or previous attempts at crimping (say crumple the case)
The Lee Straightens, Finish Sizes and crimps the completed round for a perfect fit.

I used to check gauge my finished rounds either in a gauge or the auto barrel.

I don't any more........

It takes me LESS time to run the finished round through the LCD than it did to "check" them,
and the LCD not only checks but also fixes any that might be out all at the same time.

It might sound as if I am a Lee fan;

I am not!

I don't care for most of their other products.
(Except for Lee's Reloading Manual.
It is GOOD, extensive as well as inexpensive)
>> {order their "Factory Imperfects"
They are just as good and practically a give away}

About the only thing the rest of their gear has going for them is a low price (in the case of die sets for calibers that you do not load a lot for.

BUT

The> "Lee Factory Crimp Die" is a MUST HAVE!

They got it right !
It is Inexpensive for what it does.........
and as far as I know
No one else has a comparable product.

A Happy camper............

TheEggman

Lee FD the last stage

I picked up an RCBS single stage 'RockChucker' at a show last year.

After a reload session, as part of the final inspection, all loads get a ride through the Lee. The Factory Sizing Die guarantees they are in spec. This is especially important with 9mm loads that have been through the Glock with its big chamber. They won't chamber in my Beretta until the take a trip through the Lee.

coonan357

improved my accuracy and , the bullets don't walk out like they did with the rcbs dies and there easier to adjust the crimp

Andy Chadwick

I use the Lee FCD for my 30-30 and my 357 mag. They work great! Consistent and easy to adjust (after I replaced Lee's silly lock rings with rings from RCBS.) Definitely recommend the Lee FCD.

I have used Lee Factory Crimp Dies in every caliber that I crimp a bullet for years. I wouldn't want to load without them. As was mentioned, crimping is only one thing they do. The other is to resize the case again as a final step. This greatly improved the reliablility of my handgun ammo.
Lee is a funny company. On the one hand they make stuff that is cheap junk and on the other hand they make a lot of stuff that I wouldn't want to be without.

Nanaimo Barr

I thank you gentlemen. now I just have to figure which caliber to start off with. (I think the .30 carbine has been giving me the most trouble)

(Andy, you can just swap the locking rings right across?? I got a couple of sets of RCBS dies I don't use)

Andy Chadwick

The RCBS locking rings are direct replacements for the Lee rings with the silly o-rings. Just unscrew the Lee and screw on the RCBS. Works like a champ!