F C .308 Brass

Oberg

I have 160 F C .308 casings with 2 firings through them... and when I reloaded some for a 3rd time i had 7 primers fall out while the bolt cycled (It is a DPMS .308) out of 35 rounds... needless to say I was extremely unhappy at the lost of money and shooting. So my question is... Is F C brass just ****? (Federal uses it in there 168 grain match loads) or is there something I can do about it?

tbtrout

I have some Federal .308 cases on their 5th reload with no problems. They are only fired out of a bolt action. Maybe there is an issue with the force of the semi action.

amamnn

Is this brass that was certified new and virginal, never fired in the history of western civilization before you bought it? Or was it "once fired" brass? unfortunately there is a lot of range brass of unknown age being offered these days on the internet as once fired.

P.S. match brass will be different from standard brass, so if you bought some blue box fed ammoto reload after shooting, don't suppose that you're getting the same brass that they use to load the high dollar fodder.

Oberg

60 casings where 100% onced fired because I bought them factory and shot the original bullets from them.. 140 were bought "once fired" but the primers came out on both sets... my original thought was that the force of the bolt coming forward was doing it (that thing would cut a finger off without doubt) and I have used both cci and winchester primers