F.A.R.T. Seals needed

Marco Califo

I cannot find Rubber Seals as a replacement part on BTI.com nor Frankford's sites.
I know they cannot be unique, and should be available through the McMasters catalog, and probably others.
Anyone know how to get them or a generic seal ring part # that will work?

BBarn

If you give them a call, I suspect FA/BTI can help you. Or use the contact page on their website.

44 AMP

Staff
Do you get a kickback from Prime? Cause that rubber bathtub/sink stopper I can get at Walmart for about $1 ...:D

Mule

I got sick and was out of the reloading game for about four years. In the interim lost one of the seals to my FART. Found a big O ring at Tractor Supply that works perfectly.

The Prime images violated board posting policy for copyrighted materials anyway, so I removed them.

Rubber supply places keep lots of o-ring sizes and o-ring stock on spools that you can glue to make any size you please. You can also buy sheet Neoprene from them in the hardness of your choice to cut out to make flat seals.

Marco Califo

First off, you do not call FA. Frankford is a "brand" owned by BTI. Yes, searched, and visited their website. Replacement parts are not website searchable. They sell whole units. Yes I called their phone phone number. Their hold music is from a different century, and I gave up after a few minutes at WORK.
I also used the contact form and have not gotten a response yet.
Now do you have any helpful ideas before I stop at TSC on my way home?

Scorch

Now do you have any helpful ideas before I stop at TSC on my way home?
My tractor supply store has a plate of cookies by the coffee pot. I suggest you grab a couple if yours has the same setup. :D

Marco Califo

fsreloading.com
This place sells them, and all other loose FART parts. They are a Lee Master distributor in Utah. Four seals with 1st class mail cost me $12.

Last edited:

Wendyj

I learned hard way. They did replace mine 2 years ago. Put Vaseline on seals when not in use. Keeps them from cracking and leaking.

Marco Califo

Wendy, Vaseline is petroleum based. I use silicon lubricants on pool stuff. I fear the petrol will attack rubbers and/or plastics.
The seals were $2.19 each. I tend to loose them somewhere between my Labrador retriever and occasional day laborer. Yard looks better but need a new skimmer basket now. Woof!

Wendyj

Marco. Only reason I use Vaseline is Franklin suggested it. It’s worked so far but I can see silicon based being better. I use the heck out of mine in warm months and go back to vibratory in the winter. So it does sit for 4 months or so unused.

Marco Califo

UncleNick, I found them through a Google search for FART Seals, but all spelled out. If you do not spell it out I found some whoopie cushions. :(

Marco Califo

My seals are out for delivery today by USPS.
I must say, I am not at all impressed with BTI customer service. I have not received any response from them yet.
Thank Dog (atheist dog lover) for FSReloading. They sell all "after original purchase" parts. BTI should link to them.

Last edited:

hounddawg

I use silicon lubricants on pool stuff. I fear the petrol will attack rubbers and/or plastics.

depends on the type of rubber. Years ago I was tasked to find out why so many Orings were failing on a certain model air compressor's 4th stage discharge pipe. People were reporting a four hour run life on a oring that should have lasted many thousand hours. Turns out the mechanics were using silicone lube to hold the viton oring in place while the pipe was being connected. The silicon lube combined with high heat and pressure was crystalizing the viton. A tech bulletin recommending GP grease instead of silicon solved the issue. With buna or butyl rubber and normal temps you should be fine with either petroleum or silicon