F-1 FDR m-3

Wendyj

I was at local gun store and found this for around 700 out the door. Free floated fluted barrel. Skelotinezed forend. Trigger at 2.6 lbs. was looking at a Sig but this one seemed way better built and a trigger wasn’t something I was going to have to invest in. Called F-1 Monday and he assured with match ammo if the gun wasn’t sub moa they would take it back and fix it until it was. Anyone own any of their guns.

Never heard of them. My precision and longer range shooting isn’t done with any semi auto. My AR style rifle and other semi autos are no frills type guns that are made to go bang when I pull the trigger and hit where I aim under “battle-type” conditions.

Sorry I don’t have anything to contribute, but from looking at their website you may have gotten a decent deal on that one.

stagpanther

Looks well made to me--they seem to be one of several manufacturers that do a lot of "sculpting" to trim down the weight. Whenever I buy used rifles I try to get a look down the bore if possible--ask the seller if they have any idea how many rounds have gone down the tube (then multiply by 2 LOL). If the manufacturers are willing to stand behind the whole rifle (not just the fact that one of their prostaff can shoot sub MOA with it, which in my book rates "OK") that would be a good back-up.

Wendyj

per my conversation with F-1 last week the entire rifle has a lifetime warranty even to myself as a second owner buying it used. Bore appears in great shape. I ran some 20 yard tested reloads from my Tikka through it and function and reliability was good. That’s as far as I can shoot from home. Accuracy perfect but 20 yards not much of a test.

stagpanther

You didn't say how much they wanted--but if you're happy that's all that counts. Has a nice trigger group, but that's a bit light for anything other than target in my book. All of my AR builds--including my bench guns, have pulls around 3.5 lbs or better and that hasn't prevented me from getting groups under .5 MOA. But I'm old and klutzy, so I don't feel comfortable with lighter pulls in general.:)

Wendyj

I liked the trigger due to all I ever will do with this one is bench shooting and some 5-600 yard shooting. I got it for $700.00 tax and all out the door. I’ve got a few more that each has its own purpose. Not anywhere near as nice as this one though from what little I know about it right now. I’ll relate to old and klutzy as I’m on north side of the banana peel. I’m so accustomed to all my Tikka triggers I have issues with anything not as light. Even my hunting rifles are in 2.5 to 3 lb range. Just me I guess.