extra cash, what rifle to buy?!

seansean1444

going out 2 look at some guns tomorrow hopefully ill find something worth buyin, might look for a mosin nagant m44 or any good deal on an sks, possibly a ruger 1022, any other cool guns you guys think i could score with this amount of cash? i am a fan of 45-70 also so maybe a NEF Single shot in that caliber:D
let me know what you guys think

stu925

Finding an SKS in NY for $300 is going to be tough. Yugoslavs are going for about $350 and the rest are going for more (Russians have gone through the roof). The Mosin M44 can probably be found for under $300 and a new 10/22 can be had for under $300. You might also consider looking around for a used Marlin 336 in 30-30 (although you may need a little more cash for a nice one).

Stu

TX Hunter

If you can find a good SKS for 300, Id get one, they are very good Rifles.
Got an Early Yugo, the one without the grenade launcher, and love it. That thing will digest any kind of 7.62x39 ammo, and is built like a tank. If not the M44 Carbine, or a Mosin is also good. just look around, you will find something nice. I bought a very nice Used Traditions Persuit .50 Calliber, with ammo, patches, and accesseries for $300 year before last. Thats alot of fun also. Good luck.

chadio

As a recent SKS owner, I'm really enjoying the rifle!!!

- the way they operate
- takedown / re-assembly
- inexpensive, easily sourced ammo
- one of the coolest looking battle rifles IMO

My SKS was an unfired Norinco Paratrooper and I paid $319. Wanted a Russian but their prices have gone out of sight.