Experiment

Hawg

I loaded up some 230 grain SWC's I made for my 1911 into my CCH Remington today with 30 grains of RS Pyrodex just to see what they would do. Propped over the bed of my pickup at 25 yards, not too shabby. I ran out of #10 caps so pinch fit #11's. I lost two during the test on chambers across from each other. Weird thing is the first two shots are the ones right outside of the circle. The next two were in the circle and the last two were up high. I do believe they have more punch than my 1911 with 5.0 grains of W231

013.jpg

noelf2

I always liked the looks of that Remington.

Me too! Picked mine up about 5 years ago from Cabelas. Amazing how much more they cost now. The case hardened finish is really pleasant to look at.

Nice shootin' Hawg

Hawg

It does a lot better with round balls, these were hard lead. A real booger to load and I won't be doing it again.:D BTW Lee Liquid Alox cleans up pretty good but then I only fired six rounds.:D

Hardcase

BTW Lee Liquid Alox cleans up pretty good but then I only fired six rounds.

That's interesting to hear - I use Lyman Alox on the .357s that I load up with Pyrodex to shoot from both my Model P and my Rossi M92. I've noticed that it seems to work pretty well in both. I usually put a Wonder Wad behind the bullet, too, so that might also be helping out some.

I can shoot quite a few rounds before I have to start thinking about wiping down the revolver. The rifle will go all day.

Hawg

I don't use a wad with cartridges, not enough room for powder if I do. I use homemade lube. My 44-40 model P will run around 50 rounds and like yours my 92 will run all day. The thing I like most about the 44-40 in the 92 is I the cases are thin and no blowback gets in the action. I can leave a fired case in the chamber when cleaning the bore and I don't have to tear it down.