Experience with Walther CCP?

RickB

I shot a CCP on Saturday, only ~25 rounds, but on one string the mag ejected just enough that the slide didn't pick up a round.
I'd never shot the gun before, and since I'm a lefty and the mag release is on the left side, I thought I may have inadvertently hit the button with some part of my anatomy, but in extensive dry-fire - before and since - I've been unable to do it again.
Is there any known problem with the CCP dropping its mag?

RickB

I couldn't find anything that wasn't a year or more old. Stuff from circa 2014 about machining marks and rough chambers and off-kilter barrels, but nothing that I could still call "ongoing issues".

sigarms228

A lot of those threads have been going on for well over a year. Another was posted today with a new purchaser having failures with his new CCP.

I am a big Walther fan of the P99/PPQ/PPS and own a few which I have 100 percent confidence in but would not touch a CCP, especially for any self defense role.

But hey if you want one go for it. Walther's warranty service is pretty good and they have been known to replace the whole gun if a lemon but shipping costs for such can get expensive.

RickB

I have one, though I didn't buy it.
No issues with reliability or accuracy, in an admittedly brief test, but I did have a mag drop down in mid-string, and I was trying to determine if there's an ongoing issue with that?
I had already read through the thread at the Walther forum before posting here.
Thanks

I was very impressed with the PPS M2, which has a nicer trigger than the CCP, and considering both guns have barrels of similar length, I'd want more rounds in a gun that much bigger.