Excessive Play in Ruger 10/22 BX-25 Mags

Dragline45

Posted this a while back but didnt get much input. I got a couple of the Ruger BX-25 25 round mags and I noticed there is alot of play in them from side to side and front to back. I was wondering if there is anyway I can make them a tighter fit. I have maybe 2000 rounds through them now and have had only a couple FTE's while bump firing which is understandable, so its not a matter of them not functioning correctly. I tried some electrical tape and that worked for a bit but after inserting and ejecting the started coming off so that's out of the question. Was wondering if anyone else had the same problems.

Note: I also noticed the factory 10rd box mag is also has some play, just never noticed it before because it was flush.

boostedtt91

They are all like that from my experience. I just got a brand new Ruger 10/22 a few weeks ago and went to a gun show and picked up a bx-25 mag and it is alittle loose when mounted. It does have alittle wiggle, but you'll have that with most magazines from my experience with rifles.

HDTVSELLER

i also have 2 differnt ruger 10 22s ive tried all kinds of 25 round mags and the bx25 ruger mag moves about the same as the the other many brands ive toyed with but i havent had any issues due to the movement