Excessive Cylinder Face Fouling

dajowi

I'm currently loading .44 using 5 gr. Titegroup with a 200 LRNFP bullet. After a single six shot string the entire cylinder face is black. Could this be caused by the type of grease used in the bullet? Or is it the power that I'm using? Could increasing the crimp reduce this?

LHB1

Don't worry about it. When you finish shooting clean it easily:

Blued guns: Use Shooters Choice Bore Cleaner on cotton cloth wrapped around large flat eraser. Use old toothbrush dipped in SCBC to clean rear barrel protrusion and inside frame. The black comes off quickly.

Stainless guns: Use Shooters Choice Bore Cleaner on Lead Away cloth wrapped around large flat eraser. Use old toothbrush dipped in SCBC to clean rear barrel protrusion and inside frame. Cleans black away even faster than above. Do NOT use Lead Away cloth on blued guns as it WILL remove bluing.

Yes. The lead wipe cloths have silicone oxide abrasive in them. It eventually creates its own surface. I use Gunzilla for most carbon removal now. It softens even the hardest cake if left overnight. Slip 2000 has the best picture though, showing the result of using their Carbon Killer product. Scroll down to the third photo, here.