Everything is ready

hooligan1

I have three rifles ready, my trusty Buck 110 is sharp as a razor.
The opener Saturday is supposed to be cold, maybe rainy.
My hunting team,(made up of 3 kids and one spouse and a neighbor are stoked....
Will be another cool deer season even though our spot suffered a lot of EHD, and the herd is down....I believe there will be success.

Good luck to all you fellars ans stay safe through your hunting season .

BerdanSS

Our gun season opens this Saturday as well. Everything is packed away in my ruck, cloths de-senting. Ammo selected and the .44 magnum is sighted in. Its going to be a long work week. :rolleyes:

Best of luck all!....stay safe

longknife12

Going up tomorrow to set up camp. 4th Elk season starts Wednesday. Partner has to work so he will be up Tuesday night. Hoping for no problems/
Dan

hooligan1

My two oldest sons and my neighbor and I went to range to reaffirm zeroes and make some noise, every rifle perfect and adrenaline starting to rise.....oh man!

Panfisher

Hooligan it may be snowing! All our stuff is ready except for some knife sharpening but that won't take long. Spent the weekend helping with a managed hunt so am practiced up on field dressing etc. Although once my wife gets out the door to her semi-enclosed stand I may go back to bed. Besides I have somehow promised to help a group of folks cut firewood on Saturday, didn't realize at the time it was opening day. Oh well will be plenty of time, and my wife can pick up my slack.:p

8MM Mauser

Ours is Saturday too. I'll be in a great raised blind with actual seats and a heater on my Uncle's land this year. My grandpa calls this "The Taj Mahal." A far cry from the ground blinds on state land I have been hunting out of. Dad and I sighted in the Mauser's last weekend and we are ready put some meat in the freezer!

Panfisher

I hope it holds off here as well, my 4WD truck is in the hospital getting repaired from a deer hit, so I am down to a car. Fortunately any deer killed around home are accessible by a combination of tractor, ATV, and or 17 year old son.

Hunter Customs

I'll be heading up to my sons place to hunt with him and one of his twin daughters.
I believe Katie is going to set with me, I sure would love to be with her when she gets her first deer.
Good luck to all.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

hooligan1

Took a nice tenpointer at about 7:45 am saturday morning...,.weighed 149 lbs, 19 and a quarter inside spread with 8" G2'S, 11" G3's and long mainbeams....3-4year old deer,, also new grandbaby!!!!!! Best weekend ever!!!!!!

Last edited:

Hunter Customs

Took a nice tenpointer at about 7:45 am saturday morning...,.weighed 149 lbs, 19 and a quarter inside spread with 8" G2'S, 11" G3's and long mainbeams....3-4year old deer,, also new grandbaby!!!!!! Best weekend ever!!!!!!

Congratulations on all, a new grandbaby may be a new hunting partner.:)
We have a new grandbaby however I'm afraid I may be to old go by the time she's old enough to hunt.

We seen some but Katie could not get a shot, we may go out this evening.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

hooligan1

The neighbor and I are preparing to make another hunt Saturday at another CA, near Princeton, to fill my antlerless tag and his any deer tag. So back to preparation check list, only taking a different rifle to try and fill my last tag...
Cant wait!!!!