Everyone would like one

TinyDee

I wish Ruger would do the LCP in 22. I think a small concealable 22 would be very popular. Now thinking of not any larger that the LCP what would you choose?

shortwave

Not a big fan of the .380 for primary CCW but given the choice between same size CCW in .22 or .380, I'd opt for the .380.

aarondhgraham

They came out with a .22 LCR,,,

Why not a .22 LCP as well?

Who knows,,,
It may already be in their line-up for future design.

If Ruger thinks it will sell,,,
They will build it.

Aarond

Onward Allusion

The LCP pistols are strictly for concealed carry/self-defense. A LCP chambered in 22LR kind of defeats the purpose of self-defense. A 22LR bullet from such a short barrel is no more powerful than a more reliable 25ACP.

Viper99

Only if it was a .22 magnum. Actually I am waiting for Ruger to copy the Kel-teck PMR-30 and come up with one that really works and that you can actually find to purchase.

Something like the SR-22 they have now would work. Make it a little bigger, double stack and 30 rounds of .22 magnum and don't forget the nightsights. I want one.:D

tahunua001

a lot of caliber snobs say that it is impossible to defend yourself with anything less than 9mm and that's only if you don't expect to run into the inevitable 275 pound, body building crackhead that doesn't feel pain and wears kevlar from head to toe. even though a 22 is a perfectly viable option for self defense, because some guy in the FBI 30 years ago told people that you need to penetrate 16 inches of flesh and bone to be lethal, a lot of concealed carry guys printed it up into little bibles and started keeping it in the nightstand next to their newly acquired 40 cals.

I think the reason ruger hasn't made it is because it would probably only be bought by a hand ful of guys that wanted to train with their LCPs without having to spend money on 380 ammo but not much else.

ScottRiqui

No need to wait. Beretta already has a very small .22 semi-auto.

The best description I ever read for the Beretta .22 was "It's a real gun that just happens to be chambered in .22lr".

I have a Walther P22 that's small, but it doesn't feel "substantial". I have a Ruger MkIII Hunter that's substantial as heck, but it's definitely not small. I'd love to add a Beretta to the family - it could be a younger sibling for my 84BB Cheetah!

curt.45

just wait till the grizzly zombies get there.

yeas I'd take one each a .22 lcp and a .22mag auto loader