Everyone has an opinion...best 9mm

Carlo

ehm...

Interesting opinions but...the .45 is just 11,43 mm and the FN Grand Pruissance (High Power) is more a Deudonne Saive's creature than Browning's :)

AngusPodgorney

That guys a Maroon,

clips instead of magazines,

12.7mm for a .45,

The Glock is notorious but he doesn't give any reason for it being notorious but goes on to state it's probably the best.

9x19

Ahhh.... the intenet, where garbage can pass for gospel...

I wonder if Al Gore has any idea what he wrought! :D

BigJimP

I threw up in my mouth a little when I read his conclusion that the Glock is the best of the bunch .......... There is a reason the FBI and the Marine Corps went to other weapons ....... and it's not because the Glock was a better option.

I still have a lot of friends in the militay - and the Beretta is not their favorite weapon - especially in a 9mm. The SIG's that are being distribuited in .40 S&W are much more sought after ( if they can't get a 1911 ...).

The Body Bagger

There is a reason the FBI and the Marine Corps went to other weapons ....... and it's not because the Glock was a better option.
The FBI prefers Sig in the past thats true enough, but they are currently issued Glock 22 and 23's. The Marines have as much use for a sidearm as the Army which is not much when you're issued a rifle. BTW Force Recon are the only ones with 1911 Kimbers and even then, there aren't a whole lot of them vs the M9's in service.
I still have a lot of friends in the militay - and the Beretta is not their favorite weapon - especially in a 9mm. The SIG's that are being distribuited in .40 S&W are much more sought after ( if they can't get a 1911 ...).

Really? Where are these Sigs in .40S&W being issued to military personnel? I'd like to hear more on this.......:rolleyes: The M11 is 9mm as well. There are no 1911 being issued since 1985, I did 6 years from '95-01 and didn't see a single one. The M9 has a favorable reputation, the initial issued cheapo mags and the FMJ 9mm do not however.

Last edited:

rhgunguy

The quality of that article falls somewhere between a wikipedia article and a third grade book report.

Sig was not mention even though they have an excellent reputation. CZ is not mentioned, but I would take my -75b over any gun on that list.

But the fact that they crown the Glock king is rediculous. The grip size and angle are totaly wrong for alot of people. I am not glock bashing as I do love my G35 but alot of my friends can not shoot the thing!

bigghoss

...but hey, .50acp does have a good ring to it...

actually they have it, it's called .50GI. wouldn't mind havin one myself.

cookand

Kind of hard to take an article seriously when he can't even get basic terminology correct(magazine vs. clip).

Also, it is difficult for me to accept not including the Sig 226.

Sturmgewehre

Anyone who claims to know the "best" handgun is a total farce. There are so many high quality, reliable handguns on the market it's more of a matter of personal preference than anything else.

If someone tells you that a Glock is superior to, say, a Sig or HK that person is bias. To that person the Glock may be the best, but to someone else who shoots their Sig better or finds the controls more appealing, the Sig is the best choice.

ab8mi

I don't knoe that there really is a "best" gun....to me that is the gun that best works for you. Each individual is different in many areas. Hand size, sight type preference, grip angle.....way too many variables to find one "best". I love the High Power and my XD shoots nice as well. Of sourse you can't go wrong with a Sig or HK either. Best is definitly in the eye of the beholder. Lol....some think my XD's are ugly...go figure.