Ever Try Ramshot powder?

roy reali

Has anyone here tried Ramshot powder? I saw several cans of it at a local gun store. This is one powder that I haven't tried. I am curious as to how it compares with some of the more "common" powders.

steve4102

Ramshot powders are excellent. I shoot lots of Hunter, BigGame, Tac, X-Terminator and Silhouette. Ramshot has become my powder of choice. It is ball, meters excellent, not temp sensitive and accuracy and velocity are outstanding.

10-96

I run Big Game in my .243 and, well, I'm up to my ears in other Ramshot powders I haven't tried yet. I'm very happy with Big Game, like Steve said- it's a ball powder, meters very well, has been quite consistent between lot numbers. I live in West Texas, so I don't know much about temp extremes on powders (32-105 is about all the range I shoot in). I do believe it shoots cleaner than several of the IMR powders I've tried.

azar92

I've toyed a little bit with Ramshot Magnum. I've only used it for making plinking rounds as it was only $15.95/lb when I bought it. Although, I have some rounds loaded up that need to be tested. What I'd like to try Ramshot Hunter, but it's almost never in stock.

Mike / Tx

As others have said, my results are excellent with Magnum and Hunter. I use hunter for .270 loads and Magnum for 7mm Mag, STW, and my new 25-06 AI.

riverwalker76

I'm working up some .223 loads using TAC this week. I'll post my findings on Saturday. I'm convinced that it is better than the Accurate 2230 I've been using just by the threads I've read regarding such.

steve4102

I'm convinced that it is better than the Accurate 2230 I've been using just by the threads I've read regarding such

Maybe, but maybe not, 2230 is a great powder for the 223 as well. As a matter of fact it was designed around the 223, hence the name. I use a lot of 2230 and Tac, they both have their place on my loading bench. Two top performers in my 223's.

riverwalker76

Well, my specific problem with the 2230 was the fouling. It fouls a lot quicker than any other powder I use, and I am looking for a cleaner burning powder.

ir3e971

I use Ramshot ZIP for 9mm loads and like it quite well. Meters good, burns clean, and is economical.

It has become my standard 9mm load. Have not tried it in 45, though I will have to at some point.

steve4102

Yup, X-T is a winner in my Colt with lighter bullets as well. Ramshot X-T, 52gr Nosler CC, 5 rounds at 100 yards.

223V-Max.jpg