Ever seen or heard of anything like this.

Rickstir

I live in Missouri, the land of no CCW :mad:

I do open carry around town and when at home on the farm. Small town, very gun-friendly. Get some smiles but no grief when open carrying.

I would like to come up with a custom made leather belt that would have the following built in/on....

1 1/2 in wide very sturdy

holster for my 92FS on the right (strong) side about three o'clock. Since I wear it while on the tractor and ATV there should be a secure strap to keep it in place.

2 hi cap mag pouches on the left side

pouch for my buck knife, right side four o'clock

pouch for my pliars (never without pliars on a farm) right behind the knife pouch

About 15 or so 9 mm cartridge loops for an additional mags worth.

I think it would look great and be very functional.

Even if we would ever get CCW, I would still wear it around the farm.

Any thoughts as to who could make something like this, additons or subtrations? Thanks TFLers.

Last edited:

Kharn

Seems you are sorta looking for a custom made duty-belt. Those 9mm loops might sound cool, but will there be enough of the cartridge sticking out from the loop for it to be obvious that the loops are occupied? Also, how will plucking the cartridges from the loops work?

Kharn

Steve Smith

Go to a custom holster and belt maker to have the work done.

A flash of reality...how will you get all that through your BELT LOOPS?

Rickstir

Nice touch Steve....

Would go OVER the regular belt. Kinda like the old west.
Like Big Jake says....."an auspitious display". This is open carry, not trying to hide nothin.

CWL

Find a good cowboy shooting leathermaker.

Don't see any utility in having bullet loops though, may as well get a third mag carrier. If you need that much lead, you won't have time to reload. How about a cartridge box instead?

C.R.Sam

If custom out of the question....time for farm boy to get into leather work.:D It's a handy skill in many ways..

I also question the loops.

Really good harness leather is not cheap but will last.

Don't need a lot of tools. You probably already have all you would need.

John Bianchi's book on gun leather (exact title escapes me) is a great reference.

Also, talk to the troops at Turner's Sadlery, I have found them most helpfull in the past.

Have fun.

Sam

Jim V

The escaping book title could be "BLUE STEEL AND GUNLEATHER" but John may have another book since then.

Azrael256

Buy some good leather, enough to make what you want. Buy some CHEAP leather that you don't mind screwing up and a swivel-knife (for practice. A swivel knife can be difficult to use) Buy a spool of thread and a needle (or whatever you want to lace it with and a punch if it's something thick). Obviously some kind of buckle would be wise, and maybe one of those leather-stamping kits so you can put your name on it. Practice until you feel confident (something with a simple pattern like that should be pretty easy to make) and then make it. Oh, and don't forget to enjoy your new belt and holster that you made yourself. I enjoy mine.

Lavan

Now that's a TOUGH town.

or Indians maybe? Neat rig but I wud give some thought to suspenders.
Also check tractor mfr. to see if balance would be affected enough to adjust drawbar.

:D