Ever heard of this one?

Cougar

A few months ago I was given a semi-auto .22LR rifle that is a dead ringer for an AR-15. It was made by Di A. Piscetta of Italy and imported by EMF of California. It is called a Jager (umlaut over the 'a' in Jager) AP-74. Thr reciever is cast aluminum of something like it, it has a triangular plastic two piece handguard, and a three-pronged flash hider. The manual is printed in three languages; Italian, English and French.

Any idea of quality? what it is worth? I can't find a reference to this gun in Fajested's Blue Book or in Shooters Digest.

Any help would be appreciated.

I had posted this request a couple of days ago and it got swallowed up by the tech glitch.

------------------
Remember, just because you are not paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you!

Outlaw1

I've heard of 'em, I've got one too. ;)
They were made for quite a few years, the serial number on mine is five digits 856XX.
Mr. Jager died several years ago, and the remaining parts were put together and sold under the name Jager-Kassnar as the AP-15.
They were imported by EMF and Mitchell Arms.
One thing I like about them is they will accept M16/AR15 parts such as grip, handguards, flash hider, and scopemount with little or no modifications. I've got A2 parts on mine.
Here's a website for you to check out: http://mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/rimfires.htm
It is almost impossible to find parts for this neat little rifle as the supply has just about dried up, but a good machine shop should be able to make you anything you may need for it.
I've had mine for over 17 years, and it'll still consistantly shoot 3/4" groups at 100 yds.
There's a picture of mine at the Yahoo club Guns and Ammo if you want to see how it looks with A2 parts. :)