Erratic ejection - what to look for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battler

This is my SS Kimber Compact

The gun's always ejected a little erratically. Extractor was a little loose - I had a gunsmith just cut me a brand new one and it's nice and tight and has the cut at the bottom.

It's still hitting me in the face occasionally, ejecting forward sometimes, etc. I don't think it's limpwristing - indeed, I've even been experimenting with gripping with my right thumb on the safety (i.e. gun not moving much at all) and it happens much the same.

I had swapped out my recoil spring with a stock-strength Wolf. Back when I did it it didn't make a real difference.

Can something be wrong with the ejector? It looks okay but what do I know. Would something like a semi-extended ejector be a good "overkill" solution?

Any advice?

thanks,
Battler.

Bongos

I used to tinker in 1911s, usually the angle of the case leaving the ejection port is determined by the angle of the extractor and wether you have a standard ejector or extended ejector. Your gunsmith should polish of file the extractor in a different angle, until the cases are ejected high and to your right. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.