Erma Werke

vega

Hi guys, I found this small Luger somewhere in horse county and just curious what the value is now. It is in 22LR and all I saw was the ERMA WERKE on the barrel. It looks similar to the picture below. TIA.

8611c06287aedc6b447e164e07e0be54.jpg

RJay

It should be a KGP-69, The Standard Catalog of Firearms lists it at 500 in excellent. Be aware, if anything breaks, and they are known to break on these guns, there are no parts available.:eek:

James K

Member In Memoriam
Those little pistols traded on their appearance to the famous Luger pistol, but have almost no similarity other than the external appearance and the use of the toggle. The internal mechanism is entirely different. They appear to be made of some alloy and are rather notorious for parts wear and breakage.

IMHO, they are of value only as a novelty. Anyone who wants to shoot a .22 that looks a bit like a Luger should go with the Ruger, which will hold up for about ever.

Jim

44 AMP

Staff
Erma

Also made a 2/3 size "Luger" in .380acp. Don't know about the shooting, but I did heft one once, and it was steel.

If you want a .22 Luger, look for the Stoeger "Luger". They aren't common, but they can be found. I have a couple. Not a Luger copy, but a similar look, and the toggle action. Stoeger actually has the legal rights to the name "Luger" in the USA.

Attachments

• DSCF0030.JPG
    DSCF0030.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 189

fal308

Staff Alumnus
I've got both the Stoeger Luger, as pictured, and an unfired Artillery model (?) Erma. The Erma has a longer barrel with a forestock. It's around a foot long barrel. Would pull it out of the safe to check barrel length but it's buried at the back.