Ergo Grips for the 1911..Recomendations?

Charles S

I currently have a 1911 that is a user gun. Not designed to be pretty, just as reliable as possible with the features I want.

Currently I have a set of wooden grips on it that I really don't like. The checkering is poor and does not provide a great grip. Bottom line...I want new grips.

I like the thin grips, but since this is a user and not my primary concealed carry gun I was thinking of trying the new Ergo Grips.

ergoxt.gif

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?ID=4500&storeid=1&image=ergoxt.gif&CFID=19186013&CFTOKEN=12531225

Any comments on quality. Again beauty is not an issue. A user friendly grip that will work for concealed carry is.

Does this grip work well?

Is this grip about the same thickness as the standard 1911 grips?

I am not a fan of the Hogue wrap around grips so if this grip is similar I will not like it.

Thanks for your advice and opinions.

STLRN

They are very rough, almost like putting sand paper on the grips. Not quite as sharp as Gunner Grips, but take some time to get use to.

angeldeville

For CC if your grips are rough/sticky enough they will grab/snag onto your shirt and imprint your gun quite nicely. I always liked the stock hard rubber panels, and you may also look in to Houge panel grips.

Richard

Those grips seem to make a lot of sense for a working/range gun. I just might order a set. Regards, Richard:D

mballai

I have them on two guns. The price is right and the texture is secure. I don't like as much as grips from VZ, Miltec, or the Gunner Grips, but for the money they are a good value. I probably will eventually swap mine out for something from the latter bunch, but they do the job.