Ended up on an odd note.

HKFan9

So I have tried tons of carry options over the years.. I think I just hit a home run.

When I first turned 21.. I tried toting around a full size H&K UPS for awhile... that was just too much.

I went out to buy a Walther PPS when the first came out.. only to be talked into a Kahr Arms PM-9 that day by my friend / local shop owner. I loved the PM-9.. it was a dream to carry... but shooting wise.. I felt every 2nd shot I'd need to readjust my grip.:confused:

From there.. I went to a .40 Sig P239.. liked it... a bit heavy and bulky to carry.

I shoot 1911's the best.. and use them for competition and range time at work mostly.. so I started carrying a 4'' Champion Operator by SA. Love that gun.. and still do for winter carry.. in the summer it was a bit large however.

Again not impossible.. but a bit much for me.

I went to carrying my H&K P7... love that gun... but a little on the heavy side.. and mags are $$ so I retired that one from carry duty.

Finally I was messing around at work and picked up a Walther PPS... I had forgotten I almost bought one a few years ago. Very slim... very light weight.. yet fit my hand like a glove. Slide release is the perfect position for my thumb. Mag release... probably the guns biggest downfall to others... fits me and my style GREAT. My first handgun was a H&K USP... so I am actually quicker and feel more natural using my trigger finger to drop the mag release on the trigger guard.

I ended up buying it.. as it shot really nice for me.. I am not a huge lover of the Glock styled triggers.. but this one shoots nice and returns right to POA for me. I have been carrying it all day in a Remora no clip holster and I have already forgotten it is there.. I am gonna order an ultra thin kydex FIST holster for it tonight.

I feel like I finally hit a home run.. for me personally... in the size vs conceal debate. Guess I need to stock up on some more 9mm and practice practice practice.:D

What kind of upsets me... is I should have just stuck with my first instincts and bought the PPS a long time ago. My guy meant well.. so I am not upset... The Kahr was an awesome gun... however this operator was the issue.:rolleyes:

Sgt.Fathead

Sometimes we have to go a long way out to come back to what we should have/might have needed in the first place with a lot if things, right? The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step and all that. Who's to say that, had you first acquired the PPS, you might not've gotten a bunch of other barking irons just to make sure the PPS was The Best gun for your needs.

Your acquired experience and wisdom make the decision that much firmer!

For what it's worth, for decades I lived in a state where there really is no civilian carry save on private property and in years of shooting, buying, selling and trading guns, I acquired the knowledge to make the right carry choice immediately upon moving to TX. Experience is the greatest teacher.

shootniron

I don't know how many guns I went through before I finally ended up back where I started, with a J-frame.

I resemble this remark...

But, I think the PPS is a good choice despite my experience of terrible triggers when I was considering them.

Coach Z

My PPS definitely started out with a trigger that left a lot to be desired but after a REALLY thorough clean and lube and now many hundreds of rounds down the pipe it's smoothed out nicely.

HKFan9

This one's trigger sure beats my Glock 17's trigger. I quickly sold the Glock as I could not hit well with it.