Encore forend question.

mikejonestkd

Encore forends

Yes,
The standard 24" centerfire and 26" factory heavy barrels use the same forend. Factory bull barrels ( fox ridge custom shop ) use a different forend as do the muzzleloader barrels. aftermarket bull barrels may need a different forend.

I have the heavy varmit forend on my 26" heavy .223 and it fits the 24" barrels fine.

www.tcarms.com

Enjoy your encore, I love mine.

hawken50

thanks for your help. i love my encore too. i've been using it as a pistol and shotgun for trap. decided it's tim eto get a rifle barrel as well.

mikejonestkd

What barrel are you thinking of getting?

Check out TC's website, they have almost any caliber you could think of in SS or blue, 24", 26" and new 28" pro hunter barrels. They also have the short brush barrels on .45-70 and .450 marlin. Fox ridge runs their custom shop and they have another 100 calibers to choose from too.

I was thinking of getting the new pro hunter stocks when they are available seperately.

I am not sure if it is a stock design issue but the larger centerfire calibers tend to hurt more than more conventional ( bolt action ) stocks. They tend to lift up quite a bit on recoil. Perhaps I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to recoil....

Bullberry, e arthur brown and lots of great companies will make any custom barrel you can dream up.

I noticed you are in western new york...anywhere near Brockport?

hawken50

mike, thanks for your help. i'm getting a 25-06 barrel. should be a good caliber for around here. you wouldn't happen to know who has those pro hunter barrels in stock? i haven't been able to find them so far.

brockport is probably an hour and a half away. i'm from franklinville, in cattaragus county.

mikejonestkd

Try Burnt mill smithing

I get all my encore parts from Dennis at Burnt Mill Smithing, located in Churchville New York. He's a real Top notch smith and all around nice person to deal with.

www.burntmill.com You can email him though the website.

Also 585-293-2380

He may be able to ship it to you. I have heard that there is a backorder of barrels from Thompson Center.

Also check out www.eabco.com they have the pro hunter barrels listed for sale, I don't know if they have a back order though.

.25-06 ought to be nice, I hear that you can use rifles for deer hunting down there. good luck!!! my encore spends the fall as a pistol in .308 and I love it for deer hunting.

I have noticed one thing about TC barrels, as they heat up they tend to start to shoot low. The barrel heats up and expand and the scope mount " lifts "up as it get hot. My warm barrel shoots about an inch lower than a cold barrel. Make sure that your final adjustments for sighting in are with a cold barrel - just like it will be in the field next fall.