Emf Uberti 44-40 conversion cylinder

458winshooter

I just picked up a 44-40 1875 outlaw 7 1/2 inch by EMF/Uberti and I was wondering if anyone knew of someone who may have or make a 44spl conversion cylinder for this gun.I have read an article about someone making one and and auction of a gun like mine that already had both.It would seam a perfect fit for this one as I have slugged the barrel and it measured .429.

VTI Gun Parts don't list one on their web site, so it may not be available as a stock item. What about buying a spare .44-40 cylinder and boring/reaming it out for .44 Special?

Nope, that won't work because the case for the .44-40 is larger back at the head. VTI offers a .357 Magnum cylinder -- that would be small enough to be easily (for a gunsmith or machinist) rechambered to .44 Special.

gak

+1 Aguila - get a .357 cylinder and have it rechambered...done deal for a good gunsmith and simplest approach.

458winshooter

44-40

I plan to reload but I also know that 44-40 brass is not very strong.44 spl brass can be reloaded many times and can even be trimmed down to 44 Russian length and used even more as long as the head doesn't separate.