Emerson failure.

Thumper

I have an Emerson CQC-7 that I like a lot.

Today, I found that VERY light pressure on the spine of the blade when locked open defeats the lock and closes the blade!

All screws are all tight and the liner lock comes over on the base of the blade to where it always has. Pressure on the back just forces the lock right over. Anyone that has a liner lock blade can look at the base of the blade and kind of get an idea what I mean.

Anybody had any dealings with Ernie? I need advice as to what to do with this thing.

Schmit

Staff Alumnus
Thumper,

The liner lock should rest approxitmately in the middle of the blade. If it isn't the liner has been bent. If it is and the blade still closes the then engagement angles are either wore or off. Call Emerson and explain what is happening and get their opinion.

VictorLouis

It is for that reason that I will trust no liner lock no matter the manufacturer, or how stout it may appear.:( The exception would be any knife made with the LAWKS addition. It stands for Lake and Walker Knife Safety, after the two designers.

Thumper

Yep, Schmit, It comes over to the middle, like I said. The angle has become worn evidently.

Seriously, you'd be shocked to see how easily pressure on the blade levers the liner over.

Yep, VL. I like the LAWKS system, too. I've got a CRKT Crawford/Kasper folder in my pocket now. :D