Emerson briefs in yet?

Brett Bellmore

To the best of my knowlege, the deadline for amicus briefs urging the appeals court to uphold the Emerson ruling has now expired. Have any such briefs been filed, and does anyone know where I could go to read them?

------------------
Sic semper tyranus!

DC

Moderator Emeritus
Dunno

I'm afraid you may have to ask Ernest where to find the info :)

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

ChrisL

Brett, I believe the briefs have already been filed and arguments will be heard next spring. As far as where to find the text, I do not know. Hopefully someone will have a link to them.

Regards, Chris..

Brett Bellmore

DC: I sucked it in, took a dramamine, and did exactly that; According to Ernest's site, (Fortunately for my pride I didn't have to pose the question to him directly!) the deadline for filing briefs in support of the defense has been extended to the end of the month. I've tried accessing the Docket at the Fifth circuit, but for some reason it looks like the file transfer is being trucated in midword, before I get as far into it as the present date.

Ok, I checked with the Second Amendment Foundation. They've filed an amicus brief, which will be posted at their site, www.saf.org, on or about Nov. 1st. Here's a little tidbit from them: It was the Fifth circuit, (Where the Emerson appeal is being heard.) that struck down the gun free school zone act, leading to the SC's Lopez decision. A good sign, I think!

------------------
Sic semper tyranus!

[This message has been edited by Brett Bellmore (edited October 14, 1999).]

DC

Moderator Emeritus
Brett..

ROTFLMAO...I do feel for you, a high price to pay for public sector info :)

Good for us that its the 5th Circuit...and good for us that the gov't has appealed. This case will be hard to not address as so often the case.

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!