• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Email Notifications

JohnKSa

Administrator
I just ran a test and things seem to be working normally.

Things to check:

Look in your spam folder to see if perhaps your email service is tagging the subscription notices as spam.

Make sure that your account settings related to subscriptions and emails have not changed and are set the way you want them to be set.

Reloadron

Well I managed to lock myself out. What was failing was when I changed my account there was no way to verify my email info. I was not getting the verification emails. Still no clue but I even tried two different email addresses using two different servers and no joy.

MAL fixed it and he manually verified my email address and now things work. Yay! :)

Thanks
Ron

Reloadron

No, not getting the Email notifications but I am not about to start tinkering. I am back and able to log in and reply to post. My regular Email here has always worked till once about a year ago. So I changed Email and actually went to a different server. That worked and then I changed it back to my original Email and then it worked.

As far as I know my Email works with the Firing Line servers but every now and then we get a glitch and I have no idea why. My server for email is bearblain.com which is a domain I own. This time I tried a change to roadrunner.com and that did not work either. My user interface is setup to receive Email notifications so I have no clue why they suddenly stopped. I had not changed anything.

I am just happy I can post again so again thanks again for that. Interesting though is when I broke the rules, again sorry, even the newly created account would not let me confirm my email and I think on that I also tried two different Email servers.

Now I just try and remember where to look for replies. :) Threads I am active in.

Ron

Reloadron

OK, went into my Email Server and made sure any and all filters like Spam etc were removed. My subscribed threads reflect a bunch of active threads.

Ron

Reloadron

Then like magic, all of a sudden, an hour ago I get a pile of email notifications. Go figure? I won't even guess or question it, just happy things are back to normal. :)

Ron

Mal H

Staff
Oddly enough, so did I! Something just got fixed, and I have no idea what it was.

Reloadron - is your email address hosted by RCN?

Reloadron

My email is hosted by Verio who provides my domains. I own my own domains but hosted by verio, bearblain.com is my domain. Now something happened. :) I am happy with it too, I got all the old notifications and all dated received today. Go figure huh?

Ron