elk hunt help!

dog1

I am tring to put together an elk hunt in colorado this fall(i am from Wisconson} and would be very greatful for ANY help or information you can offer to make this dream happen, thanks.

Desertscout

Too bad you didn't want to try New Mexico!
www.cia-g.com/~lzysbarc

------------------

Desertscout
desertscout@hotmail.com

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference -- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good."
--George Washington

huntschool

Dog1

Your are gonna have fun with this one. Most good outfitters are booking out at least a year in advance, ie. the bookings for this year were already gone last year. There is one salvation. Colorado has a little thing called Ranching for Wildlife. The ranchers get permits to be used by their shooters. Helps a bunch but may not save you.

Also DOW has made several changes from the 1999 season. You will want to check them out.

Agood elk hunt is going to run over $3000.00 and in some cases go to $10,000.00. This could be your hunt of a lifetime. Don't rush it. Plan, plan, plan, "excicute"

I could suggest some outfitters etc. but I need a line on how much you want to spend. From that point, if you want to go this year, it up to luck of the draw. Speaking of which, you may need to be in that.

Good luck

Huntschool

PS: What about Wyoming or New Mexcio or Utah

Dr.Rob

Staff Alumnus
the 2 MOST important things to bring to colorado are:

1) a really really good sub zero rated sleeping bag

and

2) a good pair of insulated boots.

If you'd like a copy of mt "gear checklist" for 3rd season in Colorado, let me know.

Dr.Rob