El Jefe: Check out HCI

El Jefe

Kimberman,

It appears that I am having some effect! Their Icon was not a trademarked or registered or copyrighted Item, therefore I can copy and mimic all I want given the proper disclaimers. I would be willing to bet that they have or are copyrighting this one just to keep Mimic sites from sprouting up. Notice the large www.handguncontrol.org making sure all of it's visitors know which site their on...Gotta love it!! They wouldn't be making that distinguishment if my site wasn't a bit of a thorn in their side! With D.C.'s Permission I think I will display my burr in Sarahs saddle award on my site...The new site really looks like crap in my opinion. Thanks for the heads up!

------------------
...“ They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” --Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Whereas, to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them; nor does it follow from this, that all promiscuously must go into actual service on every occasion. The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle; and when we see many men disposed to practice upon it, whenever they can prevail, no wonder true republicans are for carefully guarding against it.
---Richard Henry Lee, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788

Take care and God Bless, El Jefe

The ANTI-HCI Site!

loknload

Great site, Keep up the good work :)

------------------
We preserve our freedoms by using four boxes: soap,ballot,jury, and cartridge.
Anonymous

El Jefe

Okay my brothers and sisters, your opinion please, did HCI Change it's site because I was infringing on their territory? Comments?

------------------
...“ They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” --Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Whereas, to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them; nor does it follow from this, that all promiscuously must go into actual service on every occasion. The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle; and when we see many men disposed to practice upon it, whenever they can prevail, no wonder true republicans are for carefully guarding against it.

The ANTI-HCI Site!

DC

Moderator Emeritus
Jefe...

Yeah I think so (re URL in big print). The vast majority of orgs will display their logo or acronym on the page....afterall, you are already there, thus you don't need the URL. You've gotten some e-mails of varying degrees of irritation because they thought they were going to HCI. And, most importantly....that was the intent :D...you knew you'd get the uninitiated on a pass through.
The great thing is that HCI can change their site all they want, but they can not prevent the uninitiated from linking to you from search engines.
So, it will be interesting to see if HCI changes their META tags, so at a search engine it will say something like..."We are the real HCI...pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" LOL

Yes, by all means the award is yours to do with as you wish.

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

El Jefe

DC
I have posted a response to this three times now...A glitch I guess. Anyway an interesting anology to say the least, as I recal that once the Big Smoke and mirrors character was exposed for what he really was it was the man behind the curtain that our travellers turned to for the truth! I don't mind being the man behind the curtain if I'm being turned to for the truth, after exposing all the smoke and mirrors!
biggrin.gif

------------------

The ANTI-HCI Site!

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
Many people, including myself wrote Emails to HCI's ISP, since they are no longer on a government server... we warned of trademark and copyright infringments.

I think totalling all this together help HCI to consider making the change.

I must say - this new site looks much less effective than it did before.

Hmmm... No longer on government servers...
Much Much easier to hack now...