Egyptian Maadi ARM

garry owen

I have just recently aquired one of these in NIB condition. Havent had a chance to fire it yet.
According to the papers that were in the box, it was manufactured in 1995.
Would like any comments of those who have or have had experience with this AK. Thanks

CGSteve8718

ARM is good, it is basically a copy of a Russian AKM as the Egyptians built their rifles on Russian tooling and machinery.

Swapping out the ban parts is not difficult, unless you are a purist. Maadi wood is not so common right now, and the one set on GB is over $120 reserve, I refuse to go higher :mad: Same is true for the Egyptian chocolate brown grip, also not common and commands a price.

There are threads underneath the welded muzzle nut, just be careful and cut slowly with a dremel to reveal them.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

kris&bela

I had one for about a year and the headspacing was bad.All my fired cases had flattened primers.I liked the looks of it though- close to the Russian ones.If you are not really picky about the AK set up then that will do but most people that I talked to,prefers the Hungarian models.I'm not the expert on AK's but I had that Egyptian Maadi w/c I already got rid off long time ago.I just wished that I bought another one after that coz it's banned here in Cali. since 1994....I probably got the "Lemon Maadi" back then....